Job posting number: #7050732
Posted: April 10, 2018
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionPostdoctoral positions are available beginning August, 2018 to explore roles of deubiquitination in neurodegenerative disorders or muscle wasting in the laboratory of Dr. Simon Wing in the Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, McGill University and the Metabolic Disorders and Complications Program at the Research Institute of the McGill University Health Centre (www.rimuhc.ca). The research will employ both cellular and mouse models with an orientation towards translation. Projects involve collaborations with research teams in the Depts. of Neurology and Neurosurgery and of Biochemistry. Stipend will be according to the guidelines of the Research Institute of the McGill University Health Centre (RI-MUHC) and the candidate’s experience.
The successful applicants will benefit from an outstanding research and training environment. McGill University ranks amongst the top 40 academic institutions in the world (www.topuniversities.com/qs‐world‐university‐rankings). The new Centre for Translational Biology at the RI-MUHC contains state of the art core facilities in cellular imaging, immunophenotyping, proteomics, metabolomics, drug discovery, bioinformatics, rodent imaging and phenotyping (http://rimuhc.ca/technology-platforms). Career development programs are offered by the Desjardins Centre for Advanced Training (RI-MUHC - http://rimuhc.ca/dcat). Exposure to cutting edge multidisciplinary neuroscience research activities is available through the $84 million Healthy Brains, Healthy Lives Program (McGill University - http://www.mcgill.ca/hbhl/). Montreal is widely recognized as a vibrant, cosmopolitan city that is extremely popular amongst students from around the world.
• Have a strong conceptual background and extensive experience in cellular and molecular biology in the areas of neuroscience and/or metabolism.
• Be self motivated, able to perform independent studies as well as function proactively and collegially in a team setting.
• Possess good written and oral communication skills.
• Have completed a PhD degree or equivalent within the past 3 years with demonstrated productivity.
Interested candidates should submit on the web site:
• A cover letter addressing the above requirements
• Names and contact information for 3 references.
Inquiries regarding this position may be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
McGill University and the McGill University Health Centre are committed to diversity and equity in employment.