PT RELATIONS REP (Magnolia Campus)
Job posting number: #7075587 (Ref:hlj_29539)
Posted: March 2, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Patient Relations Representative (Magnolia Campus)
- Patient Relations Service Representatives staff the information desks at Moffitt Cancer Center. The primary responsibility of this position is to provide high quality customer service in person, and over the telephone, to cancer center patients, guests and staff in a welcoming and cheerful manner that reflects positively on the reputation and mission of Moffitt Cancer Center and its commitment to providing the highest quality patient experience. Performs as other duties as directed by the manager of the department.
- Provides cancer center information and directions to patients, guests and staff including information of scheduled appointments in accordance with applicable cancer center policies.
- Maintains vigilance for all persons within view of the information desk who may require assistance, including Rapid Response Team (RRT), wheelchair assistance, volunteer assistance and other such assistance as circumstances require.
- Assists patients and guests with arranging Moffitt transportation to and from various cancer center locations.
- Serves as the central point of contact for patient, guests and workforce for access to the cancer center's security, parking, transportation and vendor matters. Triages incoming requests for service to the appropriate department for disposition.
- Takes responsibility for the order, appearance and organization of the information desk and lobby area. Collaborates with Facilities and Environmental Services departments to ensure cleanliness and functionality of this service area.
- Serves as an accessible point of contact for patients wishing to share their observations, suggestions, compliments and concerns with a Patient relations Advocate.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma/GED
- Two years of demonstrable experience providing empathetic, face-to-face customer care in a professional, customer service and customer care environment. Competency in the use of Microsoft Office, Word and Outlook required.
Health care customer service experience preferred, but not required.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.