Job posting number: #7111458 (Ref:hlj_40630)
Posted: September 22, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Plumber II installs, maintains and repairs water, steam, condensate, pneumatic, fuel oil, natural gas, medical gasses, fire main, soil drain and sewer piping, valves, pumps, traps, regulators, distribution infrastructure and fittings in accordance with applicable codes and regulations. Performs demand and scheduled preventive maintenance of the facility equipment to primarily include plumbing and associated systems in accordance with departmental, hospital and regulatory agency codes. Specific duties include maintaining facilities and equipment in hospital or clinic environment
- Performs preventative maintenance and repairs for plumbing and associated systems and equipment to ensure a safe environment and operational reliability according to standards established by management team. Ensures that preventive maintenance (PM) tasks are properly completed in a timely manner, documented and materials and time spent are also documented appropriately.
- Performs troubleshooting and problem-solving maintenance duties for plumbing and associated systems and equipment according to standards established by management team.
- Demonstrates technical knowledge depth for plumbing and associated systems according to standards established by management team. Can identify: types of plumbing components, functionality and usage, types of plumbing specific tools and how to use them, plumbing specific materials and their application, basic math skills.
- Responds to emergency situations including disaster response, power/utilities loss, floods, etc. To limit the effect to the facility.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma/GED required
- Minimum of five (5) years Plumbing experience in a hospital, healthcare, medical and/or research/clinical lab setting required.
- Minimum of eight (8) years general Plumbing experience encompassing a range of plumbing work and skillsets is required.
- Medical Gas Certificate required. Must be obtained within 6 months of employment
- Journeyman Plumbing license or equivalent required. Must be obtained within 18 months of employment.
- Must obtain OSHA 10 hour certification within 6 months of employment.
- Ability to work various work shifts and/or weekends as needed.
- Ability to travel between other Moffitt Cancer Center facilities.
- Evidence of a good driving record and maintain a good record per Moffitt policy.
- Driver’s License required, must obtain Florida Driver's License within 6 months of employment.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.