RN Specialist Endoscopy - Full Time
Job posting number: #7112263 (Ref:ccf16786550)
Posted: September 29, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- Pre-Operative duties include preparing the patient for the endoscopy procedure.
- Assessment of the physical and psychological status of the patient, pre-op vital signs, as well as, accurately completing the admission; pre-op documentation and pre-op testing report findings to the physician when necessary. Ensure that all necessary consents and charting components are available and filled out correctly.
- Intra-Operative duties include assisting the physician with the endoscopic procedures, competent use of equipment, accurate documentation, specimen labeling, communicate relevant information to the anesthesia provider and physician.
- Recovery Room duties include the full responsibility for the care of the post-procedure patient.
- Ensure the patient is stable and meets all requirements to be safely discharged, as well as, accurately complete the post-operative documentation.
- Behave in a positive manner.
- Seek out and utilizes resources to keep current in nursing trends and practice.
- Seek assistance from other resource person to improve skills, knowledge in the Endoscopy unit.
- Identifies unsafe practices and participates in seeking a solution.
- Maintains privacy and confidentiality
- Follows policy and procedures of the Endoscopy unit
- Follows hospital and department policies and procedures with special attention to attendance and punctuality, confidentiality, dress code and display of ID badge.
- Complete mandatory education and training in order to maintain organization and department specific competencies and requirements.
- Other duties as assigned
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Current state of Ohio RN license. Current BLS and ACLS (with 6 months of hire).
Complexity of Work:
- Maintains competencies specific to patient population served.
- Membership into professional society is recommended.
- Two (2) years of nursing experience. Recent Endoscopy experience preferred which could include (ICU/PACU) experience.
- Requires full range of motion, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
- Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time.
- Requires corrected hearing and vision to normal range.
- Requires some exposure to communicable disease or bodily fluids.
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light Work.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.