Research Coordinator III
Baylor College of Medicine
Job posting number: #7122123 (Ref:14473-en_US)
Posted: January 26, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The clinical research coordinator III role provides coordinator support to very fast-paced and detailed therapeutic drug and device clinical research trials at BSLMC and BCM, including but not limited to hepatology, nephrology, infectious disease, cardiology, neurosurgery and orthopedics. This position is essential for coordination of the OCR research portfolio, liaising with principal investigators, supervising less experienced research coordinators, and provides cross-coverage across the OCR team. Research Coordinator III could support 5-10 studies.
- Recruits, schedules and conducts the daily activities of clinical research participants, liaising with investigators and regulatory staff. Attends regular staff meetings; provides training and guidance on regulations and best practices to new coordinators.
- Assists with research portfolios for numerous PIs and departments across the College.
- Participates in study qualification and study feasibility activities for report to research manager.
- Liaises with PI, Sponsor, Research Manager and OCR Research Finance to support all aspects of study activity.
- Supports research manager and investigators with timely reporting of study status, enrollment status, study monitoring, and site visits.
- Supervises, schedules and directs less experienced research coordinators in conduct of OCR clinical research activities, and processes.
- Liaises with Research Manager, PI, Sponsor for timely scheduling and coordination of pre-site and site initiation visits.
- Attends regular meetings with Research Manager, PIs, and study team for update reports and process improvement.
- Follows departmental and institutional standard operating procedures (SOPs). Participates in quality control reviews of study activities and chart reviews.
- Completes data collection, documentation activities and database queries.
- Coordinates research protocol procedures and processes, working closely with Research Manager, study team, and OCR Regulatory team on monitoring visit report findings.
- Provides cross-coverage on study activities across OCR as needed.
- Participates in additional projects as directed by research manager, as a central office within the Office of Research.
- Supports COVID clinical trial support as central office.
- Provides cross-coverage across OCR clinical research study support as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- Two years of relevant experience.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Baylor College of Medicine fosters diversity among its students, trainees, faculty and staff as a prerequisite to accomplishing our institutional mission, and setting standards for excellence in training healthcare providers and biomedical scientists, promoting scientific innovation, and providing patient-centered care. - Diversity, respect, and inclusiveness create an environment that is conducive to academic excellence, and strengthens our institution by increasing talent, encouraging creativity, and ensuring a broader perspective. - Diversity helps position Baylor to reduce disparities in health and healthcare access and to better address the needs of the community we serve. - Baylor is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding students, trainees, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds by providing a welcoming, supportive learning environment for all members of the Baylor community.