Post-doctoral research fellow
New York, NY
Job posting number: #7056479
Posted: March 14, 2019
Application Deadline: April 13, 2019
Job DescriptionThe Faltas Lab at Weill Cornell Medicine in New York City https://faltaslab.weill.cornell.edu/
has several fully funded postdoctoral positions investigating the molecular basis of urothelial cancer carcinogenesis, drug-resistance and neoantigenesis using in vitro, in vivo and patient-derived models of bladder cancer. Our well-funded and diverse laboratory is a vibrant and stimulating environment for scientific growth and fostering the independent careers of postdoctoral trainees.
Applicants who meet the following requirements are encouraged to apply:
• Ph.D. or MD/Ph.D. with a background in cancer genomics, cancer biology, immunology or bioinformatics. The Ph.D. awarded/expected date should be between 2016-2019 (no exceptions).
• Evidence of productivity from publications in high-quality journals originating from Ph.D. or postdoctoral work. Manuscripts that are finally accepted for publication in high-quality journals will also be considered as evidence of productivity.
• Significant expertise in other molecular biology and biochemistry techniques.
• Experience in murine cancer models or tumor immunology is a plus.
• Additional expertise in basic bioinformatic analysis of next-generation sequencing data is a plus.
• Capable of working independently with appropriate supervision on assigned projects as well as in a team.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English with good organizational and analytical abilities.
• Excellent organizational skills, self-motivation, and creativity.
• Motivated to pursue postdoctoral training required for a future independent academic career.
Candidates who meet the above criteria are encouraged to apply. Please email CV, statement of research interests, copies of previous publications and the names and contact information for 3 references to Dr. Bishoy Faltas firstname.lastname@example.org