Research Associate I - Molecular Medicine
Job posting number: #7062211 (Ref:10004779)
Posted: November 6, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6,000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
A Research Associate I position is immediately available at City of Hope Beckman Research Institute to explore the utility of novel biomarkers to predict disease. The applicant will join a highly motivated and enthusiastic team working to develop a clinical test for early prediction of diabetes-related disease. The project is multi-disciplinary and requires familiarity with mass spectrometry and an understanding of analytical chemistry. The position requires excellent written and organizational skills and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Coordinating sample workup and analysis (requires strong organizational and communication skills)
- Working in a team environment to perform sample workup and analysis
- Using mass spectrometry and high-performance liquid chromatography
- Basic organic syntheses
- Working with the team to define and meet objectives
- Literature searches and exploring novel clinical cohorts for biomarker analysis
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Bachelor's degree in chemistry, biochemistry, chemical biology, analytical chemistry, or related field
- An analytical thinker with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly disciplined and organized
- Please submit your resume/CV and cover letter.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.