Nursing Lab Support Assistant
Job posting number: #7065661
Posted: April 6, 2020
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionRequired Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree and experience in computer engineering, IT, nursing, healthcare or similar. Motivated self-starter who can be a team player. Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communications skills (written and verbal). Positive optimistic attitude and ability to follow the vision for the nursing lab. Focus on students, student learning, and student success. Ability to problem solve, think critically and balance multiple tasks simultaneously. Attention to detail and accuracy. Ability to perform in a teamwork environment. Ability to work some evenings and weekends. Ability to work independently and exercise good judgment. This position requires evenings and weekends.
Must be able to demonstrate the Morton College core values of compassion, fairness, respect, responsibility, tolerance and truth.
Knowledgeable about nursing program. Ability to gather and monitor information. Flexibility and adaptability. Knowledgeable in word and excel. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
The Nursing Lab Support Assistant position involves assisting with operational responsibilities for the nursing skills lab, simulation labs and computer lab used for nursing program instruction. The employee will promote and coordinate the teaching-learning activities conducted by the faculty and students while in the Labs. The Nursing Lab Support Assistant will assist Simulation Coordinator in the simulated learning experiences for students and operate the manikins.
Specific Job Duties
• Facilitates lab resources, including human patient simulation equipment and supplies.
• Prepares and maintains labs and simulated patient care environments with equipment, supplies, computers, and materials needed to replicate the Healthcare setting.
• Assist SIM Lab Coordinator and faculty to ensure preparation of lab supplies and equipment based on faculty requests and course schedule.
• Operates and maintains computerized simulation equipment.
• Collaborates on maintaining the Inventory of all lab supplies and equipment to assist in maintaining a clean, fully equipped nursing lab.
• Facilitates simulation equipment care and maintenance, including troubleshooting and repair as required.
• Assist in recruitment and community activities related to the Nursing Lab such as tours and presentations.
• Serve as an alternate contact for lab function
• Familiarity with the Standards of Best Practice: Simulation, which advances the science of simulation, shares best practices, and provides evidence, based guidelines for implementation and training. Specific familiarity with Simulation-enhanced inter-professional education (Sim-IPE).
• Available to assist students with supplies needed for open lab.
• Organize and manage med carts for simulation
• Manage linen for labs
• Update of bulletin boards in lab area
• Manage computer room and serenity room
• Assist with sim lab schedule
• Assist Sim Lab Coordinator as needed
• Assist PTA with simulations set ups as needed
• Assist with apple one to one initiative
• Assist with special events
• Perform other duties as assigned