The Plumber II installs, maintains and repairs water, steam, condensate, pneumatic, fuel oil, natural gas, medical gasses, fire main, soil drain and sewer piping, valves, pumps, traps, regulators, distribution infrastructure and fittings in accordance with applicable codes and regulations. Performs demand and scheduled preventive maintenance of the facility equipment to primarily include plumbing and associated systems in accordance with departmental, hospital and regulatory agency codes. Specific duties include maintaining facilities and equipment in hospital or clinic environment.
- Performs preventative maintenance and repairs for plumbing and associated systems and equipment to ensure a safe environment and operational reliability according to standards established by management team. Ensures that preventive maintenance (PM) tasks are properly completed in a timely manner, documented and materials and time spent are also documented appropriately.
- Performs troubleshooting and problem-solving maintenance duties for plumbing and associated systems and equipment according to standards established by management team.
- Demonstrates technical knowledge depth for plumbing and associated systems according to standards established by management team. Can identify: types of plumbing components, functionality and usage, types of plumbing specific tools and how to use them, plumbing specific materials and their application, basic math skills.
- Responds to emergency situations including disaster response, power/utilities loss, floods, etc. To limit the effect to the facility.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma/GED required
- Minimum of five (5) years Plumbing experience in a hospital, healthcare, medical and/or research/clinical lab setting required.
- Minimum of eight (8) years general Plumbing experience encompassing a range of plumbing work and skillsets is required.
- Medical Gas Certificate required.
- Journeyman Plumbing license or equivalent required.
- Must obtain OSHA 10 hour certification within 90 days of employment.
- Ability to work various work shifts and/or weekends as needed.
- Ability to travel between other Moffitt Cancer Center facilities.
- Evidence of a good driving record and maintain a good record per Moffitt policy.
- Driver’s License required, must obtain Florida Driver's License within 6 months of employment.