RESEARCH SCIENTIST II
Job posting number: #7075654 (Ref:hlj_29532)
Posted: March 4, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- The Research Scientist is a non-tenure track researcher who assumes the direct responsibility of conducting and performing experiments or directly overseeing experimentation as part of a research team under the general guidance of an Investigator.
- The Research Scientist only activity is research and related support activities and the efforts of the Research Scientist are focused on goals of the laboratory they are part of.
The Ideal Candidate:
- The person for the job should have the knowledge as specified by the Investigator.
- Plans and performs experiments directed towards answering specific scientific questions with limited supervision under the general guidance of Investigator.
- Interacts closely with Investigator and other researchers within the Investigator Laboratory and conducts relevant background research including literature searches and reviews.
- Assists in planning and developing research projects within the laboratory under the Investigator's direction.
- May work individually or may have significant oversight over other less experience research personnel.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Minimum of an M.D. or Ph.D. in Biological Science or related field with three to five years of postdoctoral experience.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.