Job posting number: #7075656 (Ref:hlj_29574)
Posted: March 4, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
We are looking for an experienced and amazing individual to join our team! A well-rounded person to help Moffitt find new scientific talent!
As a Scientific Recruiter, you will perform a variety of high-level functions to support the full life cycle recruitment and hiring for all Post-Doctoral Fellows and Research Scientists. You will actively recruit and source candidates for open positions and develop a pipeline of prospects, employ the latest in technology and industry trends to attract a diverse pool of qualified applicants, and ensure an efficient and cost-effective recruitment process.
In addition to posting jobs, sourcing, screening, and interviewing candidates, as well as performing some administrative functions related to the pre-employment tasks and compliance, the Scientific Recruiter will serve as the first point of contact for candidates who visit the Cancer Center. This position will work closely with the Human Resources (HR) Research Business Partner, HR Generalists, Division Leadership and Hiring Principal Investigators to pro-actively identify advertising, sourcing, and retention opportunities for this group of professional level scientific team members.
As a recruiter, you will need to be a team player that can build strong relationships across diverse groups. Being goal-oriented and results-driven with a strong sense of urgency and initiative to prioritize workload is a must. The position will primarily work from home, with an occasional commute to our campuses, therefore, you should be based in Tampa.
What you will need to succeed:
- Minimum three (3) years of Recruitment and sourcing experience
- Working knowledge of multiple HR disciplines including recruitment, compensation, benefits, and federal and state employment laws.
- Demonstrated experience with MS Office, to include Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Demonstrated experience with sourcing methods and techniques and applicant tracking systems.
- Ability to maintain the highest levels of confidentiality and professionalism, communicate with team members at all levels of the organization, and positively represent Moffitt and HR with all internal and external customers.
- Strong influencing skills, a passion for inclusive recruiting practices, and exceptional attention to detail
- Strong work ethic, integrity, and personal accountability
- Experience recruiting for faculty, post-doctoral fellows, or research team members in an academic or scientific setting preferred.
- Possesses a toolkit of creative and effective sourcing strategies
- Prior experience working from a home office
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Communications, Business, or related field
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.