POST DOC FELLOW
Job posting number: #7075718 (Ref:hlj_29578)
Posted: March 5, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The laboratory of Dr. Liang Wang is recruiting a Postdoc Fellow. Genetics play a critical role in cancer etiology and progression. With two NCI-funded projects, the research activities in PI’s lab include investigation of how single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) contribute to an increased risk to prostate cancer and what genetic/epigenetic changes may serve as biomarkers for outcome prediction in human cancers. More specifically, the PI’s lab has been applying latest molecular biology technologies to functionally characterize regulatory SNPs important for prostate cancer risk. The lab is also investigating cell-free DNAs and cell-free RNAs as liquid biopsy approach for biomarker discovery in multiple cancer systems.
• Chance to gain both laboratory-based and computer-based genomics skills.
• Highly collaborative and multidisciplinary working environment.
• Moffitt integrates excellent patient care with cutting-edge clinical and basic research. Having a cancer hospital on-site provides unique opportunities for translational research.
• Outstanding mentorship from expert faculty with wide-ranging funded research programs including T32 Training Grants.
• You will be encouraged and supported to apply for training grants.
The Ideal Candidate has experience in the following:
• Cell-free DNA/RNA as cancer biomarkers
• Functional analysis of genetic variants
• Gene expression profiling or DNA methylation profiling
• Bioinformatics or Biostatistics
• Determine study design under PI’s guidance.
• Execute research projects of interest independently.
• Coordinate research study activities.
• Summarize and publish research results.
• Assist in research grant application.
• Assist in training students and clinical fellow residents.
Credentials and Qualifications:
• PhD in Molecular Biology, Genetics, or relevenant field.
• Should have at least one first Author publication.
You will be eligible for benefits offered to our Team Members – Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Retirement, Parental Leave and more. With a move to Tampa, you may be eligible for relocation allowance. Reason to relocate, aside from the sunshine, beaches and year-round outdoor recreation associated with the Gulf Coast of Florida, Tampa is a thriving metropolitan city with unique cultural attractions, low cost of living and a high quality of life. We strive for work/life balance.
If you have the vision, passion, and dedication to contribute to our mission,
then we have a place for you.
How to Apply: Interested applicants should send a single PDF file that includes a cover letter summarizing their research training and accomplishments, a personal statement of scientific interests and goals, current CV with recent publications, and contact information for three references to Dr. Liang Wang at Liang.Wang@moffitt.org.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.