SAFETY COMPLIANCE SPECIALIST
Job posting number: #7079690 (Ref:hlj_31251)
Posted: June 10, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Safety Compliance Specialist (SCS) ensures a safe environment for all patients, guests and team members by conducting regular safety audits of all patient care and non-patient areas throughout the entire Center. Findings are documented and reported to department heads for corrective action. The SCS monitors improvements to ensure sustainability. The SCS is responsible for implementation and compliance with the Safety Management Plan and serves as a safety resource to Center departments. The SCS monitors the Center's compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The SCS ensures that new and current employees receive safety training.
- Conducts regular safety audits of Center departments including the inspection of the physical facilities, work areas, equipment, work practices and safety devices to ensure compliance with required workplace safety standards, regulations and Center policy. Reports findings to Department Management and recommends changes to establish a safe work environment. Monitors changes and conducts follow-up activities.
- Provides consultation, guidance and technical assistance on matters related to workplace safety. Oversees the development of safety policies & procedures.
- Monitors the Center's compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Evaluates safety related data and after evaluation develops plans and objectives to proactively improve/correct safety related conditions and/or identified problems. Evaluates and determines impact of changing regulations. May serve as a support representative with the Director of Environment of Care & Emergency Management during regulatory agencies surveys and accompany official inspectors during surveys. With key Center stakeholders plans, implements, and monitors follow-up action to comply with regulatory standards based upon findings in official surveys.
- Prepares monthly reports on safety activities to the Leadership team. Serves as a Chair of the Environment of Care Committee, Safety Sub-Committee.
- Investigates serious accidents and/or incidents of injury or property damage to the Center in conjunction with Risk Management to ascertain cause and need for corrective action.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Three years of hospital safety experience is required.
- Basic OSHA course completion is preferred
- A broad base knowledge and understanding of safety issues and applicability of all local, state, and federal regulatory agencies involved with safety management such as the Joint Commission, NFPA, NIOSH, etc.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.