Satellite Operations Coordinator - Wesley Chapel
Job posting number: #7080248 (Ref:hlj_31361)
Posted: June 22, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Moffitt Cancer Center at Wesley Chapel (MWC) is a 28,000-square-foot outpatient facility bringing access to Moffitt expertise and nationally-ranked cancer care to Pasco County. It is located in the Healing Plaza on the south side of the campus of AdventHealth Wesley Chapel. The facility has 20 exam rooms and 22 infusion chairs. Clinical trials are scheduled to begin approximately six to nine months after opening, starting with phase 3 trials and eventually moving toward more complex trials in the future. Between 85 and 100 patients visits us on a daily basis.
- Hematology oncology
- Medical oncology
- Radiation oncology and therapy
- Blood draw
- Infusion services
- Diagnostic imaging services (Comprehensive imaging services will be provided by AdventHealth. Moffitt’s team of expert radiologists will review the images for interpretation).
Our Clinic at MWC is currently looking for an Operations Coordinator.
- The Operations Coordinator is responsible for:
- Coordinating, keeping and maintaining up to par medical supplies, linens, oxygen tanks, and bio-hazard containers for multiple departments at assigned Satellite Location to fulfill patient care.
- Coordinating lift equipment, and assisting with patient team lifting duties in the building as needed.
- Performing duties of patient and employee health screening and coordinating the flow of patients through the building for their complete visit using multiple software and hardware systems.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Knowledge of a hospital based electronic Medical Record (EMR) system.
- Experience in a medical facility.
- Associates Degree
- 1 year of medical procurement and supply handling experience
- Experience lifting patients with safe lifting techniques
- Ensure that medical supplies, medical equipment, linens, oxygen tanks and bio-hazard containers in General Stores and all patient care areas consistently and adequately stocked with unexpired items, following proper infection control and patient safety standards.
- Assists with team lifts when requested, ensuring proper operation of equipment and safe patient handling.
- Act as a resource to patients and the organization while adhering to organizational patient experience, safety and infection control standards.
- Manage the flow of the patient utilizing multiple systems, using verbal and written communication and collaborating with all members of the team as patients move through the building.
- Verify patient identification, manage the self-registration kiosk process while adhering to Moffitt policies of confidentiality, privacy and corporate compliance.
- Monitor the patient through designated tracking software and hardware, using multiple systems and working with Information Technology to ensure that the systems are always operational.
- Provide quality customer service by speaking clearly and maintaining a high level of customer focus and ability to manage patient issues, and working calmly with patients resulting in the best experience possible.
- Other duties as assigned.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1 year of experience in customer service
- Knowledge of OSHA, ACHA and Joint Commissions standards
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.