COMPENSATION ADVISOR / ANALYST
Job posting number: #7080366 (Ref:hlj_31489)
Posted: June 24, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
****Please note, this position has a flex schedule. (Mostly remote; however, needs to have the ability to be on-site on occasion for meetings/projects)
- The Compensation Advisor is responsible for providing Compensation support to assigned areas of the organization to ensure compensation plans are externally competitive and internally equitable.
- The position participates in compensation surveys, performs market research, analyzes data, and formulates recommendations regarding the organization's salary structures and pay adjustments to align with market rates.
- Conducts job evaluations on new and revised positions to determine appropriate salary grade assignment and FLSA exemption.
- Collaborates with HR Business Partner teams and management on compensation-related inquiries/issues and initiatives.
The Ideal Candidate:
- The ideal candidate will have experience in the analysis, design, and administration of compensation programs.
- The candidate will have experience using performance management and/or compensation market data software.
- Works with leaders and HR stakeholders on job evaluation activities including job description development and maintenance.
- Conducts market pricing on new and revised positions to ensure internal equity, external competitiveness, and alignment to Moffitt's compensation philosophy and legal compliance.
- Makes recommendations regarding position title, level, pay grade, range and FLSA status to ensure competitive pay practices that align with market and internal structure.
- Models cost and impact for the client group.
- As needed, reviews and approves offers for new hires, transfers, promotions/demotions and other pay adjustments, ensuring internal equity and pay parity.
- Participates in market surveys to collect and analyze competitive salary information to determine the organization's competitive position.
- Performs market research, analyzes data, and makes recommendations to adjust grades and pay rates to align with market rates.
- Models and analyzes cost scenarios.
- Work with organizational leaders to review changes as appropriate.
- Collaborates with HR Business Partners, HR Generalists, Recruiters and organizational leaders on compensation-related inquiries, issues and initiatives.
- Research and provide guidance to ensure policy and legal compliance.
- Assists with identifying creative solutions and escalates issues as needed.
- Makes compensation presentations as requested.
Credentials and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree – Field of Study: Human Resources, Finance, Business Administration or related degree
- Minimum three (3) years experience in the analysis, design, and administration of compensation programs. Applied knowledge of FLSA regulations and other related federal, state and local employment laws. Strong Microsoft Office skills including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Previous experience in healthcare or research environment. Prior experience using performance management and/or compensation market data software
PHR/SPHR, SHRM-CP/SHRM SCP, or CCP
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.