REV CYCLE CLIN REIMBURSEMENT ANALYST
Job posting number: #7080373 (Ref:hlj_31485)
Posted: June 24, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
· The Rev Cycle Clinical Reimbursement Analyst is responsible for analyzing payment and denial data specific to ordering providers and departments to identify root cause and trends. This role provides feedback to the providers on opportunities to recover and prevent denials and maintains a deep knowledge of payer rules and criteria related to medical necessity and authorizations. In addition, the Rev Cycle Clinical Reimbursement Analyst identifies root cause and trends where the provider or department could impact recovery or prevention of denials and collaborates with providers and Payer Strategies to advocate on behalf of Moffitt to payers where there is clinical supporting documentation that contradicts a payer's policy.
Credentials and Qualifications:
· Bachelor's Degree and Registered Nurse (RN) license required.
· A minimum of five (5) years' RN experience.
· A minimum of one (1) year experience in oncology.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Experience using Electronic Health Records and hospital registration/billing systems
- Microsoft Office suite including strong Excel, etc.
- Knowledge of CMS regulations; third party reimbursement processes, policies and regulations; charging and coding guidelines.
- Preferred - Cerner experience
- Identify Root Cause of Denials.
- Provide Feedback and Education.
- Work Collaboratively to Recover and Prevent Denials
- Other duties as assigned.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.