SECURITY OFFICER III
Job posting number: #7080377 (Ref:hlj_31506)
Posted: June 24, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Security Officer III is directly responsible for making every professional effort to provide a safe and secure environment and providing assistance to patients, visitors, staff and others. The Security Officer III actively patrols buildings and grounds in addition to responding to calls for service. A high degree of visibility and vigilance with emphasis on crime deterrence and prevention coupled with a guest relations oriented attitude is essential.
This position plays a key role in the investigation, reporting and documenting of incidents involving criminal activity, safety and security issues, potential liability, employee misconduct and the resolution of critical incidents.
- Ensures that security sensitive areas are properly secured
- Monitors camera systems and uses cameras to assist in investigations Observes and reports security and safety issues
- Reports equipment alarms to responsible parties
- Checks functionality of card access devices and doors
- Conducts smoking patrols and enforces Center policies
- Conducts investigations and completed written reports on suspected criminal activity, workplace violence, employee misconduct, slip, trip, and fall incidents.
- Responds to calls for service of medical assistance, employee terminations, patient security, patient medication transports.
- Responds to reported crimes in progress and provides assistance to law enforcement, critical incidents, and duress alarms.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- High School Education/GED required.
- Minimum seven (7) years Law Enforcement experience required.
- Military experience or Security experience in a hospital/healthcare setting may be considered "in lieu of" law enforcement experience on a one-for-one basis.
- Valid driver’s license is required. Must obtain Florida license within 6 months of employment.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.