Technical Associate I - Corradin Lab
Job posting number: #7085284
Posted: September 14, 2021
Application Deadline: November 12, 2021
Job DescriptionOVERALL RESPONSIBILITY
Helps maintain the daily operation of a research lab or group. Helps manage cell culture room and cell culture quality control. Trains and supervises new lab members in standard cell culture practices and adherence to standards. Cultures cells, in particular stem cells and cell differentiation protocols. Helps in design and implementation of CRISPR/Cas9 experiments in in vitro cell culture and primary human cells. May supervise Technical Assistants in the design and performance of experiments. Summarizes all experimental data to assist PI or project manager in determining which research methods best support the major scientific initiatives. Uses discretion to work independently under the guidance of a PI or project manager in order to achieve lab/group’s overall goals.
• In consultation with the Principal Investigator or other project manager, coordinates and oversees several varied experiments that support the overall goals of a research lab/group.
• Maintain cell culture lines and manages cell culture room
• Implementation of novel cell culture protocols and differentiation
• Monitors the progress and results of various experiments and projects. May manage a database to compile and present results in a meaningful manner.
• Gathers, summarizes, and reports all experimental results to Principal Investigator or project manager. May assist PI or project manager with publication efforts.
• Collaborates with PI or project manager to analyze results, and to address complex technical problems. Consults scientific literature as needed.
• Assists with determining the methods and appropriate experimental controls to be used in research.
• Helps implement any changes in protocols or methods, trains lab personnel on new methodologies.
• May forecast materials and supply needs for the lab as a whole, orders basic lab supplies, and assists the Purchasing department with servicing and maintaining major lab equipment.
• May interact with vendors to investigate novel supplies and technology.
• May assist PI with journal and paper editing.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in biology and 5 years of experience in a research laboratory, Master’s degree and 3 years of experience required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Some supervisory/management experience preferred.
• Knowledge of various scientific databases and experience with publishing or presenting experimental results highly desirable.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, strong organizational skills required.