RESEARCH SUPPORT SERVICES ASSOC
Job posting number: #7085324 (Ref:hlj_32795)
Posted: September 15, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Research Environment Health & Safety Support Services is recruiting for A PRN (As needed) Research Support Services Associates in Tampa, FL.
In support of Research Support Services, the successful applicant will perform duties in support of the Chemical Inventories Project, Lab Safety Initiatives, and Laboratory Operations. Familiarity with the Globally Harmonized System (GHS) is highly preferred, training will be provided in the use of the GHS of Hazard Communication and its use for hazard recognition. The majority of the work involved will be conducted in a research laboratory setting which may include chemical, radiological, biological, and physical hazards.
Work environment may include extended time standing and 4-hour shifts during the school year with up to 8-hour shifts during the summer months; not to exceed 19 hours per week.
Applicant should have:
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrated dependability
- Strong computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite, the use of applications, and data entry/management)
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work independently, self-motivated
- Chemical Inventory-related tasks: Number of chemicals entered and removed, audits performed, Reports generated
Education & Experience:
- Completed 1 year of Science at the college level (Chemistry, Biological Sciences, Physics)
- At least 3 months experience in a Chemical Laboratory environment
- Minimum Prerequisite Course(s): General Chemistry I & II; enrolled in Organic Chemistry, or Biochemistry or related
- Class Level: Sophomore or Junior Standing
- Majors: Physical and Life Science (e.g. Chemistry, Biological Chemistry, Biological Sciences, Pre-Medicine, Pre-Pharmacy, etc.)
- Familiarity with Globally Harmonized System (GHS) and lab safety principles
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.