SR DIR STRATEGIC BUS AND MKT PLANNING
Job posting number: #7085328 (Ref:hlj_32699)
Posted: September 15, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Snr Director, Market Strategy and Business Development leads a dynamic team of individuals whose purpose is to proactively position Moffitt to achieve its strategy and growth goals. The Snr Director, provides strategic, management and advisory support to the VP, Chief Strategy Office and directs two key functions of the Strategy Office: business development consulting and market planning and analytics. This is a highly visible position that supports the realization of strategy through five core principle areas of responsibility:
1. Facilitate and direct the Center's strategic and business portfolio
2. Lead and facilitate assessments on potential opportunities and risks of new business sectors, new markets and new business models.
3. Lead the development of a proactive growth strategy which addresses program (disease) and market, uses quantitative, qualitative, internal and external information to craft recommendations.
4. Lead and facilitate micro and macro scenario modeling which predicts a range of potential futures based on past performance, planned investment and potential market disruption.
5. Directly supports in the planning, preparation and successful execution of strategic plan governance.
The Snr Director, continuously interacts and collaborates with senior leadership, chairs, program leaders, directors, and managers, influencing and leading culture change for the organization. The position is expected to exemplify and demonstrate the values and competencies of high customer service with expedited, high-quality deliverables.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Business management consulting experience.
- Diverse experience in the healthcare ecosystem.
- Advanced command of MS Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook)
- Conceptual, analytical and creative thinker and motivated self-starter.
- Broad understanding of the U.S. healthcare ecosystem
- Experience developing and presenting findings, reports and research on complex topics to varied audiences.
- Strong facilitation skills - using best practices - which foster trust, collaboration, shared problem solving and accountability.
- Ability to effectively collaborate, interact, and communicate with stakeholders; manage engagements; provide recommendations and decision-support; and the ability to be a superior business writer and communicator.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment, and be organized, accountable and motivated to take on a variety of project work.
- Strategic and Business Portfolio: Facilitate and manage the Center's strategic and business portfolio which fosters ideas from conception to approval in accordance to strategic goals, objectives and strategy roadmap.
- New business sectors, markets and models: Lead and facilitate assessments with key stakeholders on potential opportunities and risks of new business sectors, new markets and new business models which could support Moffitt's growth and revenue strategy.
- Governance: Directly supports CSO in the planning, preparation and successful execution of strategic plan governance.
- Proactive Growth Strategy: Lead the development and regular updating of a proactive growth strategy which addresses program (disease) and market, uses quantitative, qualitative, internal and external information to craft recommendations which are formed and delivered in collaboration with key stakeholders such as (but not limited to): MMG, Brand Strategy & Marketing , Ambulatory Operations and Finance.
- Macro and Micro Scenario Modeling: Lead and facilitate micro and macro scenario modeling which predicts a range of potential futures based on past performance, planned investment and potential market disruption. Performed in collaboration with key stakeholders and subject matter experts.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Master’s Degree in Economics, Finance, Business, and/or Healthcare Administration
- Minimum of 15 years of professional experience in healthcare delivery, life sciences and/or concentrated consulting in those sectors.
- 7+ years in a leadership role with responsibilities of leading organization wide cross-functional teams solving complex issues.
- Demonstrated success in market and business strategy; fostering and implementation of new ideas via business development principles.
- Demonstrated experience and in-depth knowledge: macro and micro scenario modeling; risk simulation; growth and capacity forecasting; financial modeling; data architecture, constructs and analysis.
- Superb formal written, oral, presentation skills.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.