Job posting number: #7085425 (Ref:hlj_32842)
Posted: September 16, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- The Clinical Pharmacist at Moffitt Cancer Center is dedicated to the goal of contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The Clinical Pharmacist provides comprehensive medication management services that integrate clinical services, order management, and product distribution. They are responsible for the safe and appropriate use of hazardous and non-hazardous medications, ensuring proper storage and end product integrity as required for patient care in accordance with institutional policies and standards. They will provide clinical drug monitoring and make therapeutic recommendations to the healthcare team as necessary. The Clinical Pharmacist will also provide educational services to patients and family members, healthcare providers, and pharmacy students and residents.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Will have a Doctor of Pharmacy degree.
- Has Completed a PGY-1 Residency, or a minimum of 3 years experience in a progressive institutional pharmacy practice..
- Has Previous oncology pharmacy work experience is preferred.
- Performs medication order review, clarification, and verification assessing for completeness and appropriateness and oversees accurate drug distribution per policies and procedures. Provides chemotherapy order processing and double checks as necessary.
- Participates in hazardous/non-hazardous preparation in accordance with most current USP guidelines; utilizing the standards of sterile admixture, including appropriate hazardous waste disposal and high risk medication double check system. Oversees the admixture and preparation of all hazardous and non-harzardous drugs.
- Supervises/directs support personnel and verifies their daily activities. Assists team members when needed and volunteers for projects/assignments. Seeks or offers constructive suggestions and feedback and communicates with pharmacy leadership to improve systems and services.
- Provides clinical pharmaceutical care to optimize drug therapy for cancer patients through recommendation, monitoring, and modification of individualized pharmacotherapeutic plans in collaboration with the healthcare team.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree in Pharmacy required.
- Licensed as a Pharmacist in the state of Florida required.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.