FLOOR TECHNICIAN I
Job posting number: #7085435 (Ref:hlj_32822)
Posted: September 16, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
A few reasons why to join our Moffitt Team....
*$12.50 an hour PLUS a $250.00 Sign on Bonus*
- One of the BEST Employee Referral Programs
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Shift Differentials
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Time Off
- Health Insurance
- Parental Leave and other Leaves
- Education Assistance
- And many, many more....
- Under the direction of an Environmental Services Supervisor the Floor Maintenance Technician is responsible for cleaning and maintaining all floor types (carpet, tile, VCT, laminate, etc.) which involves dust mopping, auto scrubbing, burnishing and buffing.
- This position performs a variety of duties that support the department in maintaining a clean environment for patients and staff.
The Ideal Candidate
- Has experience keeping floors looking clean and shiny
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Takes ownership of issues and comes up with solutions
- Following cleaning and disinfecting protocols
- Manages their time well
- Has a good attendance record
- Adapts well to changes based on business needs
- Willing to assist in cleaning other areas as needed
- Good customer service skills
- Produces high quality cleaning results
- Comfortable with frequent quality checks from Supervisory personnel
- Work safely and according to proper procedures
- Floor Maintenance
Hard surface floor maintenance: dust / damp mopping, scrubbing, buffing, waxing, etc.
Carpet maintenance: vacuuming, bonneting, extracting
Operating machines: auto- scrubbers, battery-powered burnishers, corded buffers, side by side scrubbers, extractors, wet vacuums
- High touch surface disinfection and cleaning
Properly clean and disinfect all types of areas including clinical inpatient/outpatient (patient rooms, exam rooms,
nurse stations, etc.), support/common areas, offices, labs, conference rooms, elevators, stairwells, corridors, external grounds, etc.
Handle and dispose of medical waste and sharps observing all required precautions, including properly tying and labeling bags
Use proper chemicals, tools, and equipment for each situation
Clean spills containing blood or other potentially infectious material using established infection control, safety, and ES departmental procedures
Occasionally may have to travel to off-site locations
Complete other duties as assigned
- Policies and Procedures
Follow departmental and other regulatory standards regarding all cleaning policies and procedures (using proper
disinfectants, labeling chemical bottles, keeping an organized cart, etc)
Perform all essential functions following established safety and infection control requirements (perform hand hygiene, wear PPE, etc.)
Follow instructions and guidelines set forth by Environmental Services management
- Training and Competencies
Demonstrate competency by completing required departmental education and training
Represent the Environmental Services department positively and professionally at all times
Maintain positive relationships and good communication with patients, visitors, staff members, and those within the Environmental Services department
Report all facilities/maintenance issues to Supervisor
Credentials and Qualifications:
- High school Diploma or Equivalent required
- 6 months experience in the following: healthcare, environmental services, customer service, or hospitality
- 6 months floor tech experience
- Please note, an additional 6 months healthcare/hospitality/customer service experience may be considered on top of the 6 months experience required for a total of 12 months may be considered in lieu of a HS Diploma or GED
OR Completion of a healthcare environmental services training from MacDonald Training Center may also be considered in lieu of both the six( 6) months of experience and HS diploma/GED
- Ability to follow oral/written instruction and communicate effectively (speaking and reading) in English.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.