Information Technology Analyst for Student Success
Job posting number: #7086152 (Ref:BSU27306)
Posted: September 25, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The position requires strong organizational and tracking skills, ability to communicate with campus leadership, faculty, staff, and students; ability to motivate departments and individuals to complete tasks within a timeframe, and a track record of complex project completion within timeline and budget.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Together with EPSO and functional team members, relevant vendors, and client stakeholders, ensure the efficient, effective, and best-practice implementation of enterprise technologies and systems to support the strategic goals and objectives of the functional units.
- Work closely with relevant technology vendors to explore and understand the evolving best-practice implementation of their solutions. Work with internal BSU teams to ensure the BSU deployment of these systems maximizes the potential benefit of these systems for Ball State. Work with functional unit leadership to help drive adoption of enhanced functions and features of these systems to optimize return on our investment in these solutions.
- Coordinate technical aspects of enterprise systems implementations, deployments, and management to support student retention and success, working with other members of the EPSO and functional team to ensure optimal deployment and ongoing operation of these systems.
- Serve as the technical system administrator for enterprise systems supporting student success and retention, and as the vendor liaison for the technical support and deployment of these systems.
- Help coordinate the change management associated with the sunsetting of legacy systems or adoption of new systems and technology solutions that support retention and student success.
- Create project workflows, communicate with all relevant parties on campus and off, including executive leadership, project leaders, and third-party vendors to ensure project is moving toward completion according to timeline. Keep leadership informed of progress, communicate needs and completion of tasks to vendors, work with internal leaders to implement projects and communicate regularly on progress, setbacks, adjustments, and successes.
- Develop and implement a training plan tied to each strategic initiative. This includes identifying and securing trainers both on and off campus, developing a schedule, coordinating training with other programs on campus, implementing the training, conducting evaluations and data collection methods to determine efficacy of training, adjusting and adapting future training based on feedback, and developing additional trainings as needed.
- Conduct strategic, technical and process feasibility reviews of technology requests and proposed plans. Work with other EPSO and IT staff members to examine projected impact of all requests on existing technologies and processes.
- In collaboration with functional units, perform efficiency analysis of existing business processes and identify areas for enhancement though technology automation and process refinement.
- Maintain strong working relationships with other IT staff, functional unit staff, vendors, external service providers, consultants, and others to accomplish the responsibilities outlined herein.
- As needed and directed by EPSO leadership, facilitate meetings with functional team members and/or IT resources to assess and support functional areas initiatives, projects or open incidents.
- Keep EPSO leadership informed of progress, issues, and concerns, and escalate unresolved or critical issues to EPSO leadership as appropriate.
- Fully document the student success configuration and related integrations; Ensure data accuracy within the solution through regular quality control checking.
- Develop and implement an evaluation and analysis plan for each project.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
At Ball State University, we recognize inclusive excellence as an integral endeavor to fulfill our University’s mission and our strategic plan. We recruit, support, and retain a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. We encourage and reward diversity of thought. We promote a work environment that encourages and rewards innovation and creativity. We pledge to keep Inclusive Excellence at the highest level of institutional importance and as a foundation in all that we strive to do. Our over-arching goal for Inclusive Excellence is to adopt a university-wide Inclusive Excellence approach to academic, administrative support, and service functions of the university. We believe Inclusive Excellence must be infused in every step we take.