Senior Data Analyst
Job posting number: #7087463
Posted: October 20, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionPosition Summary: This individual will be responsible for building reports, queries, and dashboards, as well as, for preparing data sources which can be leveraged across the institution This individual will work with internal and external partners to define or discover simple to complex requirements . The Senior Data Analyst will build and maintain legacy modules using Cognos Analytics with an Oracle database, and creating supporting Framework Manager packages, metadata, and SQL code. In addition to developing, testing, tuning, and deploying reports, dashboards, active reports, cubes, and events will be performed . This person will also perform ad hoc, analytical data research.
• A Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, analytical scientific field, or related field.
• Three or more years professional experience with reporting and/or analytics tool packages
• Relational and dimensional data modeling, database design, and performance tuning skills.
• Understanding of data concepts, ETL processes, and products.
• Five years experience writing original SQL.
• Experience performance tuning queries and reports.
• Experience with systems analysis functions with emphasis on translating business needs into technical solutions.
• Ability to collaborate at all levels of the organization
• Effective communication skills
• Works well under pressure.
• Due to the sensitivity of this position must be US citizen or permanent resident.
While not everyone may possess all of the preferred qualifications, the ideal candidate will
bring many of the following:
• Working knowledge of data warehousing design principles.
• Experience using the Cognos Software Development Kit (SDK).
• Experience working with Ellucian Banner and related data tables.
• Two or more years of experience with relational databases and/or data warehouse technologies such as Extract, Transform, Load (ETL), reporting, and online analytical processing (OLAP) tools
• Experience with Python, or any data lake tools and technology
• Experience developing dashboards with Tableau, Power BI, Excel
• Experience with Enterprise Data Governance
• Three years experience using complex relational databases
• Experience working in higher education.
• Ability to present at all levels of the organization.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Informed by its Catholic and Marianist mission, the University is committed to the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion. Informed by this commitment, we seek to increase diversity, achieve equitable outcomes, and model inclusion across our campus community. As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, we will not discriminate against minorities, women, protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, or on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity.