Temporary Cerulean Warbler Technician
Job posting number: #7092436 (Ref:BSU29051)
Posted: January 18, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct point count surveys and intensive nest searching and monitoring. During point counts, technicians will record the locations of Cerulean Warblers, Brown-headed Cowbirds, Blue Jays, and American Crows and must know or be able to quickly learn the vocalizations of these birds.
- Perform territory mapping.
- Perform intensive nest searching and monitoring.
- Conduct vegetation surveys.
- Accurately perform data entry.
- Perform re-sighting for color-banded individuals, and assist with banding efforts.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
At Ball State University, we recognize inclusive excellence as an integral endeavor to fulfill our University’s mission and our strategic plan. We recruit, support, and retain a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. We encourage and reward diversity of thought. We promote a work environment that encourages and rewards innovation and creativity. We pledge to keep Inclusive Excellence at the highest level of institutional importance and as a foundation in all that we strive to do. Our over-arching goal for Inclusive Excellence is to adopt a university-wide Inclusive Excellence approach to academic, administrative support, and service functions of the university. We believe Inclusive Excellence must be infused in every step we take.