Business Systems Analyst
Job posting number: #7098580 (Ref:413190)
Posted: April 26, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Functions as a business systems administrator for one or more site-wide business systems, including, but not limited to, travel expense management and inventory systems. Responsible for supporting and maintaining cognizance of business systems and associated tools, applications, and interfaces through business analysis, specification, testing, installation, maintenance, and operations. Analyzes, modifies, and enhances systems to support the system’s day-to-day operational needs and functions. Utilizes systems knowledge to support laboratory funding, project set up, as well as other needs. Participates in the planning and implementation of proposed recommendations and system changes. Leads testing and validation of new releases, upgrades, or enhancements to Workday Financials and other systems in their purview. Trains and assists end users on system functionality. Excels in a team-oriented environment. Provides ongoing process improvement suggestions for systems and processes.
- Working knowledge of Workday Financials
- Knowledge of policies and procedures for financial management.
- Experience developing and supporting financial and/or business systems.
- Knowledge of databases, including internal logic, functionality, and process relationships.
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications with a focus on Excel.
- Ability to develop and troubleshoot simple queries, analyze data, and report.
- Organizational skills, ingenuity, and creativity, and the ability to solve problem.
- Skill in setting work priorities, handling multiple assignments for multiple people, and time management.
- Ability to coordinate tasks and projects and collaborate with others to complete them.
- Flexibility and adaptability to new procedures and technology.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact with the internal team.
- Skill in communicating effectively, orally and in writing.
- Steward of Lab resources.
- Passion for the mission of the Lab.
- Ability to model Argonne’s Core Values: Impact, Safety, Respect, Integrity, and Teamwork.
Job FamilyProfessional Administrative (PA)
Job ProfileBusiness Analysis 2
Time TypeFull time
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, and in accordance with our core values of impact, safety, respect, integrity and teamwork, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne encourages minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Argonne considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Argonne employees, and certain guest researchers and contractors, are subject to particular restrictions related to participation in Foreign Government Sponsored or Affiliated Activities, as defined and detailed in United States Department of Energy Order 486.1A. You will be asked to disclose any such participation in the application phase for review by Argonne's Legal Department.
All Argonne offers of employment are contingent upon a background check that includes an assessment of criminal conviction history conducted on an individualized and case-by-case basis. Please be advised that Argonne positions require upon hire (or may require in the future) for the individual be to obtain a government access authorization that involves additional background check requirements. Failure to obtain or maintain such government access authorization could result in the withdrawal of a job offer or future termination of employment.
Please note that all Argonne employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. All successful applicants will be required to provide their COVID-19 vaccination verification as a condition of employment, subject to limited legally recognized exemptions to COVID-19 vaccination.
Argonne is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity in our workforce. As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne prohibits discrimination or harassment based on an individual's age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.