Assistant Software Engineer
Job posting number: #7098592 (Ref:413146)
Posted: April 21, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Software Engineer serves as a software developer for the development of advanced web-based information portals within the Strategic Security Sciences Division. Encourage innovation and new idea development. Work closely with team members and sponsors to articulate project goals, define appropriate technical approaches, and ensure high quality products on-schedule deliverables.
To be considered you must have:
- Experience in Software Development.
- Skill in verbal and written communication.
- Experience working independently to produce results in a dynamic team environment.
- Skill at organizing project tasks and coordinating the completion of software deliverables within time constraints.
- A successful candidate must have the ability to model Argonne’s Core Values: Impact, Safety, Respect, Integrity, and Teamwork
- A successful candidate must have the ability to model Argonne’s Core Values: Impact, Safety, Respect, Integrity, and Teamwork.
- Geospatial development experience. Geoserver or OpenLayers development experience.
- Bachelor's Degree and 2+ years work experience or equivalent; some occupations may require a graduate degree.
- Selected candidate must be a U.S. citizen.Selected candidate may require possessing to maintain a DOE Q clearance.
- Selected candidate may require obtaining DHS Suitability.
- Minimal travel may be required for project planning
Job FamilyResearch Development (RD)
Job ProfileSoftware Engineering 1
Time TypeFull time
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, and in accordance with our core values of impact, safety, respect, integrity and teamwork, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne encourages minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Argonne considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Argonne employees, and certain guest researchers and contractors, are subject to particular restrictions related to participation in Foreign Government Sponsored or Affiliated Activities, as defined and detailed in United States Department of Energy Order 486.1A. You will be asked to disclose any such participation in the application phase for review by Argonne's Legal Department.
All Argonne offers of employment are contingent upon a background check that includes an assessment of criminal conviction history conducted on an individualized and case-by-case basis. Please be advised that Argonne positions require upon hire (or may require in the future) for the individual be to obtain a government access authorization that involves additional background check requirements. Failure to obtain or maintain such government access authorization could result in the withdrawal of a job offer or future termination of employment.
Please note that all Argonne employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. All successful applicants will be required to provide their COVID-19 vaccination verification as a condition of employment, subject to limited legally recognized exemptions to COVID-19 vaccination.
Argonne is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity in our workforce. As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne prohibits discrimination or harassment based on an individual's age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.