Enterprise Project Manager
Job posting number: #7099416 (Ref:413228)
Posted: May 5, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
As Enterprise Project Manager, without considerable direction, manages multiple projects in support of Argonne’s programmatic operational, experimental, and research equipment functions including projects that impact areas the user facilities and programmatic directorates at Argonne. Projects will include implementation of equipment, experimental and research needs, commissioning of system enhancements, new methods, programs, systems, and infrastructure improvements related to the operation of research driven needs at Argonne. This role uses knowledge and experience to plan and direct multiple projects from initiation through delivery, under the direction of the Project Management Organization (PMO) Enterprise Projects Program Manager and in coordination with the PMO Division Director. The role will require collaboration with institutional stakeholders and matrixed work within other departments. The project manager must be able to work with a diverse set of stakeholders to plan and implement projects that help achieve the laboratory’s strategic goals. This requires developing creative solutions to complex problems.
Responsible for developing, implementing, and delivering projects of various scales including facilitation and interactions with broad and diverse organizational resources. Provides single point accountability for project delivery and often includes interactions with technical subject matter experts, licensed engineers and project managers with external certifications. Refines project scope, evaluates functional and operational requirements, design, testing, and activation of deliverables or implementation of business processes. Develops resource-loaded, time-phased, logic driven project schedules using software tools, preparing project documentation, participating in reviews; preparing, reviewing, and/or directing the preparation of status reports and other documentation; implementing change control processes and analyzing performance metrics to ensure successful completion of project objectives. In some instances, this will be additionally supported by internal Project Controls staff.
Responsible for maintaining effective communication with clients, contractors and other project team members. Achieves greater results by working together across boundaries, actively sharing information, and promoting a sense that we are all on the same team. Establishes courses of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently. Actively participates as team member to move the team toward the completion of goals; facilitating goal accomplishment; listening to and fully involving others in team decisions and actions; valuing and using individual differences and talents; sharing important or relevant information with the team.
This job description documents the general nature of work but is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all activities, duties, and responsibilities required of job incumbent. Consequently, job incumbent may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 10+ years of related experience or equivalent.
- PMP certification preferred
- Experience with project reporting and project management using the ServiceNow platform strongly preferred
- Demonstrated and/or documented previous expertise in project management of a commensurate scope.
- Ability to create, develop and execute project plans.
- Demonstrated experience in problem solving.
- Experience with word processing, spreadsheets derived from databases, and graphic presentation development.
- Knowledge and experience in interpretation and application of project management theories, principles, and computerized performance measurement systems for scope, schedule, cost, and risk.
- Ability to establish project scopes, project specifications, schedules, cost estimates, and managing operational efforts.
- Ability to think analytically and have strong attention to detail.
- Skill in negotiation and the ability to achieve designated project goals within a complex environment.
- Some experience with Earned Value Methodology and financial system processes related to project management preferred.
- Knowledge of and experience with DOE project management system requirements and practices.
- Working knowledge of DOE user facilities and experience operating in the DOE research program environment
- Experience with projects involving infrastructure upgrades, commissioning of new systems and the replacement of existing, operational systems and equipment is preferred
- Some knowledge of computerized performance measurement systems for schedule and performance metrics.
- Excellent communications, written, and oral skills. Skilled in developing, cultivating, and maintaining internal and external working relationships.
- Organizational skills and ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced, heavily matrixed environment.
- Ability to work on multiple concurrent projects and to achieve desired goals on schedule and within budget.
- Ability to model Argonne’s Core Values: Impact, Safety, Respect, Integrity, and Teamwork.
Job FamilyProfessional Technical (PT)
Job ProfileProject Management and Planning 4
Time TypeFull time
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, and in accordance with our core values of impact, safety, respect, integrity and teamwork, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne encourages minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Argonne considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Argonne employees, and certain guest researchers and contractors, are subject to particular restrictions related to participation in Foreign Government Sponsored or Affiliated Activities, as defined and detailed in United States Department of Energy Order 486.1A. You will be asked to disclose any such participation in the application phase for review by Argonne's Legal Department.
All Argonne offers of employment are contingent upon a background check that includes an assessment of criminal conviction history conducted on an individualized and case-by-case basis. Please be advised that Argonne positions require upon hire (or may require in the future) for the individual be to obtain a government access authorization that involves additional background check requirements. Failure to obtain or maintain such government access authorization could result in the withdrawal of a job offer or future termination of employment.
Please note that all Argonne employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. All successful applicants will be required to provide their COVID-19 vaccination verification as a condition of employment, subject to limited legally recognized exemptions to COVID-19 vaccination.
Argonne is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity in our workforce. As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne prohibits discrimination or harassment based on an individual's age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.