Driving and Rigging Foreman
Job posting number: #7099507 (Ref:413271)
Posted: May 6, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Argonne National Laboratory is looking for an experienced Driving and Rigging Foreman to join their team. This role plans, schedules and supervises the daily work activities of driver/rigger services rendered at ANL, ensuring work is completed in a timely, cost effective and safe manner.
Driving and rigging services include operation of specialized state endorsement required motor vehicles including, but not limited to, combination tractor trailers, box trucks, stake trucks, and personnel transports including cars, full sized passenger vans, and buses for the purpose of transporting freight, and/or personnel in conformance with all applicable Argonne National Laboratory, State of Illinois, and Federal Department of Transportation rules and regulations. The movement and installation of specialized lab equipment identified as requiring specialty skills for hoisting / transport on and offsite. Operate all mechanical lifting devices intended for the purpose of Hoisting & Rigging with a strong emphasis on the safe movement of specialty or critical items as determined by size or value. Maintain all necessary work and training documentation including but not limited to safety equipment related inspection sheets and reference data as required by ANSI, OSHA, and the division office. Provide timely competent customer service and willingness to interact with the customer.
- Knowledge and experience in application of rigging methods and equipment, environmental/health and safety procedures, and collective bargaining agreements; experience and ability in job estimating, equipment planning, and work quality.
- Good skills in decision making and assessing workloads. Ability to prioritize, organize and handle multiple assignments to meet priorities and schedules.
- Good skills in application of basic Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Word & Excel.
- Good knowledge of procurement practices, computerized work orders and record keeping.
- Knowledge of Laboratory and divisional policies, practices, and procedures including safe material handling and hoisting procedures.
- Ability to model Argonne’s core values: Impact, Safety, Respect, Integrity and Teamwork.
- The equivalent of 10 or more years of prior experience as a rigger, formal training in industrial rigging. Previous experience operating vehicles that require a class-A commercial driver`s license (CDL) is desired. High School or Associates degree with 10 years of related experience. Minimum 5-years experience in supervising a work force desired.
Job FamilySupport Technical (ST)
Job ProfileSite Operations Services 3
Time TypeFull time
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, and in accordance with our core values of impact, safety, respect, integrity and teamwork, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne encourages minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Argonne considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Argonne employees, and certain guest researchers and contractors, are subject to particular restrictions related to participation in Foreign Government Sponsored or Affiliated Activities, as defined and detailed in United States Department of Energy Order 486.1A. You will be asked to disclose any such participation in the application phase for review by Argonne's Legal Department.
All Argonne offers of employment are contingent upon a background check that includes an assessment of criminal conviction history conducted on an individualized and case-by-case basis. Please be advised that Argonne positions require upon hire (or may require in the future) for the individual be to obtain a government access authorization that involves additional background check requirements. Failure to obtain or maintain such government access authorization could result in the withdrawal of a job offer or future termination of employment.
Please note that all Argonne employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. All successful applicants will be required to provide their COVID-19 vaccination verification as a condition of employment, subject to limited legally recognized exemptions to COVID-19 vaccination.
Argonne is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity in our workforce. As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne prohibits discrimination or harassment based on an individual's age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.