Job posting number: #7099739 (Ref:413297)
Posted: May 12, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Under the supervision of the Custodial Foreman, the Janitor will be responsible for the following:
- Sweep, dust mop, mop, scrub, strip, seal, wax and buff floors.
- Pick up and dispose of waste paper and trash and removes trash.
- Spot-wash wall and wash and sanitize washroom facilities and refill washroom dispensers.
- Wash and clean windows, sills, glass partitions, mirrors, lighting fixtures, ashtrays and push-plates, bottoms of doors and stairways.
- May operate and clean industrial types of mechanical equipment such as scrubbing machines, buffers, polishers and pick up machines.
- Clean and wash the canteen and lunchrooms and their furniture.
- Move and replace original furniture and other objects as required for the cleaning of all rooms.
- Change light bulbs and work from ladders as necessary to clean.
- Sweep and shovel dirt and snow from building steps, platforms and sidewalks.
- Perform miscellaneous related duties as assigned.
- A good demonstrated work record.
- Complies with all Laboratory and Division ESH policies, work rules, and safe work practices.
- A year of custodial experience preferred.
- Basic proficiency in English language to communicate operational information with co-workers and customers and to safely perform work.
Time TypeFull time
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, and in accordance with our core values of impact, safety, respect, integrity and teamwork, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne encourages minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Argonne considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Argonne employees, and certain guest researchers and contractors, are subject to particular restrictions related to participation in Foreign Government Sponsored or Affiliated Activities, as defined and detailed in United States Department of Energy Order 486.1A. You will be asked to disclose any such participation in the application phase for review by Argonne's Legal Department.
All Argonne offers of employment are contingent upon a background check that includes an assessment of criminal conviction history conducted on an individualized and case-by-case basis. Please be advised that Argonne positions require upon hire (or may require in the future) for the individual be to obtain a government access authorization that involves additional background check requirements. Failure to obtain or maintain such government access authorization could result in the withdrawal of a job offer or future termination of employment.
Please note that all Argonne employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. All successful applicants will be required to provide their COVID-19 vaccination verification as a condition of employment, subject to limited legally recognized exemptions to COVID-19 vaccination.
Argonne is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity in our workforce. As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne prohibits discrimination or harassment based on an individual's age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.