Senior Manager, HRSC Operations
Job posting number: #7100155 (Ref:10016684)
Posted: May 16, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
About City of Hope
City of Hope is an independent biomedical research and treatment organization for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases.
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is a leader in bone marrow transplantation and immunotherapy such as CAR T cell therapy. City of Hope’s translational research and personalized treatment protocols advance care throughout the world. Human synthetic insulin, monoclonal antibodies and numerous breakthrough cancer drugs are based on technology developed at the institution. AccessHope™, a subsidiary launched in 2019 serves employers and their health care partners by providing access to City of Hope’s specialized cancer expertise.
A National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, City of Hope is ranked among the nation’s “Best Hospitals” in cancer by U.S. News & World Report and received Magnet Recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Its main campus is located near Los Angeles, with additional locations throughout Southern California and in Arizona.
City of Hope’s commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is key in serving our mission to provide compassionate patient care, drive innovative discovery, and advance vital education focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes in all of our communities. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ensures we bring the full range of skills, perspectives, cultural backgrounds and experiences to our work -- and that our teams align with the people we serve in order to build trust and understanding. We are dedicated to fostering a community that embraces diversity - in ideas, backgrounds and perspectives; this is reflected in our work and represented in our people.
This position provides leadership in building best practice business processes and workflows within the HR Shared Services (HRSS) to support the most effective and efficient administration of HR operations and programs in one or more assigned domains within HR. This role will lead and mentor HRSC team in a manner that builds competencies, enables team concept and promotes the use of technology and data to build high quality customer interactions that reflect the mission and values of the organization. This role will drive continuous improvement coupled with timely and excellent service delivery in support of business needs. This role will have a direct impact on our employees’ experience. The role is also responsible for handling details of a highly confidential and critical nature, and must function efficiently and effectively, in a Healthcare/ Lifesciences or similar environment.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Manage the HRSC team to support the business and ensure both people and processes are aligned on expected tasks at Tier 1 and Tier 2 levels.
- Foster and maintain strong relationships with HR leaders/ COEs and business functions (such as Legal, Payroll, IT) to provide operational insights, share expertise on best practices, and promote the adoption of modern HR service delivery tools.
- Collaborate with HR Services Leadership in the implementation of an HR Shared Services model, leveraging data, technology, process maps and development of standard SLAs for HR services.
- Oversee and execute on employee records management related processes, providing insight and guidance to those involved in assigned areas of responsibility for HR records.
- Manage HRSC team staffing needs, training, coaching and performance management, identifying growth and development opportunities to ensure their continuous progression in the organization.
- Conduct regular analysis and review of HR cases and customer inputs, partnering with HRIS/IT teams (where appropriate) to address system, data and process issues in a timely manner.
- Handle quality control and handle internal/external audit requests; Develop audit processes to ensure accuracy and compliance are properly applied within the scope of the HRSC responsibilities and build/execute improvement/mitigation plans as needed.
- Manage the development and sustenance of knowledge documentation and by creating new tools, processes and procedures and enhancing HR business practices
- Partner with HRSC Leadership in optimizing the HR platforms and experience (MyHR/AskHR) to continuously improve HR processes, workflow automation, and drive real-time support through self-service resources
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 (five) years of experience in human resources with at least 3 (three) years of experience in a leadership position
- High School diploma or GED and 8 (eight) years of experience in human resources with at least 3 (three) years of experience in a leadership position
- Training in assigned system(s) and related modules; SPHR; Certifications in process optimization such as Six Sigma, Lean, CQIA or other nationally recognized program
Preferred education experience and skills:
- Project Management Experience, Process improvement experience,
- Supervisory or management capacity with demonstrated ability to lead people and get work done through others within a matrix organization;
- Experience working with internal stakeholders to translate HR strategy into operations to help establish efficient process design and workflows;
- Experience working in a cross functional environment where key stakeholders were consulted to develop short term solutions with an eye to support a long-term plan;
- Experience using HR and case management technologies to manage transactions, workflows and reporting.
- As a condition of employment, City of Hope requires staff to comply with all state and federal vaccination mandates.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
City of Hope is a community of people characterized by our diversity of thought, background and approach, but tied together by our commitment to care for and cure those with cancer and other life-threatening diseases. The innovation that our diversity produces in the areas of research, treatment, philanthropy and education has made us national leaders in this fight. Our unique and diverse workforce provides us the ability to understand our patients' needs, deliver compassionate care and continue the quest for a cure for life-threatening diseases. At City of Hope, diversity and inclusion is a core value at the heart of our mission. We strive to create an inclusive workplace environment that engages all of our employees and provides them with opportunities to develop and grow, both personally and professionally. Each day brings an opportunity to strengthen our work, leverage our different perspectives and improve our patients’ experiences by learning from others. Diversity and inclusion is about much more than policies and campaigns. It is an integral part of who we are as an institution, how we operate and how we see our future.