Mergers and Acquisitions Finance Integration Manager
Job posting number: #7100214 (Ref:10016970)
Posted: January 24, 2023
Salary / Pay Rate: $53.07 - $88.63 / hour
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
About City of Hope
City of Hope is an independent biomedical research and treatment organization for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases.
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is a leader in bone marrow transplantation and immunotherapy such as CAR T cell therapy. City of Hope’s translational research and personalized treatment protocols advance care throughout the world. Human synthetic insulin, monoclonal antibodies and numerous breakthrough cancer drugs are based on technology developed at the institution. AccessHope™, a subsidiary launched in 2019 serves employers and their health care partners by providing access to City of Hope’s specialized cancer expertise.
A National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, City of Hope is ranked among the nation’s “Best Hospitals” in cancer by U.S. News & World Report and received Magnet Recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Its main campus is located near Los Angeles, with additional locations throughout Southern California and in Arizona.
City of Hope’s commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is key in serving our mission to provide compassionate patient care, drive innovative discovery, and advance vital education focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes in all of our communities. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ensures we bring the full range of skills, perspectives, cultural backgrounds and experiences to our work -- and that our teams align with the people we serve in order to build trust and understanding. We are dedicated to fostering a community that embraces diversity - in ideas, backgrounds and perspectives; this is reflected in our work and represented in our people.
Finance & Accounting leader responsible for managing the entire process of technical accounting and financial consolidation related to the acquisitions of businesses, from accounting due diligence phase through the integration phase, including coordination of internal and external accounting and valuation specialists, financial reporting and analysis, and governance and control related activities post close. Partnering with finance functions including planning, decision support, treasury and investment as well financial operations, this position will be the primary liaison in finance organization for integration transactions related to mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures and divestitures.
Reporting to the Executive Director, Decision Support, this role will be responsible for performing functions to create, plan, initiate, prioritize and maintain key projects for M&A finance integration activities. This will include the coordination of technical accounting and financial system due diligence with internal teams, assist with the coordination of closing deliverables, engage in the integration process by coordinating functional teams and ensure that the business plan is properly implemented. This individual will need to be able to communicate clear assignments, design common formats for outputs, adhere to disciplined timelines, coordinate meeting schedules, and review processes to enable successful and seamless transitions into City of Hope structure.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with finance due diligence related to potential acquisitions, responsible for preparation of closing and opening balance sheets, purchase accounting, and post–close accounting and purchase price adjustments for acquisition targets.
- Manage and coordinate valuation services, communicate with internal and external audit as needed to support compliance efforts, control for acquisition and other related procedures and documentations.
- Post-acquisition integration planning and execution including synergy development, measurement and tracking.
- Assess the effectiveness of current business processes that originate the financial data. Propose and implement solutions to enhance communication and deliver required information more efficiently, accurately, and timely.
- Build business case for all changes and improvements by identifying and quantifying synergies and value created through recommended changes. Effectively document and communicate proposed changes to stakeholders across finance and other relevant departments.
- Lead accounting integration and consolidation, including integration of accounting systems, policies, procedures and internal controls.
- Review and reconcile financial model to ensure consistency with City of Hope’s accounting standards.
- Advise on best practices and establish consistent process for setting up new reporting entities (and related attributes) across entities and locations in a manner that allows finance and other department obtain consistent and reliable reporting data.
- Manage migration of historical data and processes onto new systems where applicable.
- Design, implement and lead monthly, quarterly and annual analysis processes to support senior leadership financial and business reviews of acquired companies.
- Lead acquisition post close financial reporting and analysis functionality and business performance tracking.
- Ensure accurate merger and acquisition related accounting and disclosure requirements are incorporated for external financial filings.
- Identify and address integration consolidation / de-consolidation issues through process improvements and implementation of related processes and controls.
- Collaborate with internal departments to define financial operating data requirement for planning, treasury, internal and external reporting. Implement processes and create tools to gather, analyze and disseminate financial operating data.
- Lead M&A integration for corporate, entities and location-level transactions to sync up acquiree financial data with City of Hope data standards. Lead initiative to improve operational efficiency of acquirees.
- Provide strong finance and accounting leadership within the finance organization as well as external stakeholders.
- Obtain and maintain necessary healthcare, nonprofit and GAAP related finance and accounting knowledge
- Participate in the identification and development of objectives, goals, and strategy relative to finance functions as well as for the enterprise.
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business administration or related field
- Five to ten years related experience, including experience in with a national or regional CPA firm and/or private company within a merger and acquisition department.
Preferred education experience and skills:
- Big 4 / Public accounting
- Academic healthcare
- Large Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) financial system
- As a condition of employment, City of Hope requires staff to comply with all state and federal vaccination mandates.
Salary / Pay Rate Information:
Pay Rate: $53.07 - $88.63 / hour
The estimated pay scale represents the typical [salary/hourly] range City of Hope reasonably expects to pay for this position, with offers determined based on several factors which may include, but not be limited to, the candidate’s experience, expertise, skills, education, job scope, training, internal equity, geography/market, etc. This pay scale is subject to change from time to time.
City of Hope is a community of people characterized by our diversity of thought, background and approach, but tied together by our commitment to care for and cure those with cancer and other life-threatening diseases. The innovation that our diversity produces in the areas of research, treatment, philanthropy and education has made us national leaders in this fight. Our unique and diverse workforce provides us the ability to understand our patients' needs, deliver compassionate care and continue the quest for a cure for life-threatening diseases. At City of Hope, diversity and inclusion is a core value at the heart of our mission. We strive to create an inclusive workplace environment that engages all of our employees and provides them with opportunities to develop and grow, both personally and professionally. Each day brings an opportunity to strengthen our work, leverage our different perspectives and improve our patients’ experiences by learning from others. Diversity and inclusion is about much more than policies and campaigns. It is an integral part of who we are as an institution, how we operate and how we see our future.