ASST PATIENT CARE MANAGER
Job posting number: #7103830 (Ref:hlj_38252)
Posted: June 24, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Infusion Center at Moffitt Cancer Center is where patients come to receive chemotherapy, intravenous medications and other blood products. Equipped to offer all of the latest technologies in a single convenient location, our Infusion Center provides blood and platelet transfusions, blood draws, hydration therapy, intravenous antibiotic infusions, injections, pharmaceutical services and pump disconnections, as well as traditional intravenous chemotherapy infusions.
Our Infusion Center has 46 beds and cares for 150 patients on a daily basis.
We are currently looking for an Assistant Patient Care Manager to join our team.
- The Assistant Patient Care Manager is responsible for the day-to-day supervision of nursing operations, ensuring quality care for patients and their families. In addition, this role oversees clinical care performed by assigned nursing staff.
- Leadership responsibilities include mentoring, serving as a resource, and providing support for staff and faculty on clinical nursing issues while meeting the department, nursing, and organization goals.
The Ideal Candidate
- The ideal candidate will have the following:
- 4-5 years of Outpatient Infusion experience as a registered nurse
- Chemotherapy certification
- OCN certification
- Leadership experience
- Master's Degree in Nursing from an institution accredited by the ACEN or CCNE
- Efficiently coordinates the management of patient care, including patient admissions, assigning patients to care areas and approves the transfer of patients while maintaining sensitivity for age appropriate and multi-cultural needs and/or issues of patients, families, visitors and staff and multidisciplinary collaboration.
- Assists in clinical decision making by maintaining awareness of new diagnostic and treatment procedures and protocols as well as appropriate resources to obtain current, accurate information.
- As a leader, participates in the development, coaching, education and mentoring of nursing and patient care staff and leads or participates in special projects.
- Promotes and monitors the orientation, growth, and development of personnel by mentoring RN staff to develop skills to manage patient care systematically and assisting the Education Department by teaching appropriate in-services/classes for staff.
- Attends and participates in scheduled Nursing Administration and Administrative Coordinator meetings and participates on a Nursing Division or hospital-wide committee.
- Interviews and makes recommendations regarding the hiring of staff.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- BSN from an ACEN or CCNE accredited institution with at least three years of relevant experience or ASN from an ACEN or CCNE accredited institution with 3 years of relevant experience and enrolled to complete BSN from an ACEN or CCNE within 2 years of hire
- Florida RN License
- BLS Certification
- 3 years of experience as a registered nurse in an acute care or ambulatory setting.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.