Adjunct Faculty – Social Entrepreneurship Program
Job posting number: #7107055 (Ref:if99370)
Posted: August 2, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The College of Professional and Continuing Studies at the University of Oklahoma is pleased to invite applicants with practical and scholarly experience, to become a part of our diverse faculty community.
OU PACS is seeking a subject matter expert to help develop curriculum and teach courses for our new Social Entrepreneurship program. Courses taught will cover subjects such as Multiculturalism in the Workplace, Budgeting, and Leadership for Social Entrepreneurs. Through case studies, discussion, and course work, instructor will teach strategies for developing positive employee engagement strategies, economic planning, finance, and accounting in commercial, nonprofit, community, and government services, as well as mission casting, strategic planning, and the creation of founding documents and policies. Courses are designed to accommodate working adults and are conducted 100% online.
About the College
The OU College of Professional and Continuing Studies is best characterized by the populations it serves, as well as the specialized programming it offers. Primarily focusing on the higher education needs of place-bound working adults, military-connected personnel and those seeking specialized study in selected professional areas, the College offers a variety of degrees at both graduate and undergraduate levels, including several programs offered collaboratively with other OU Colleges. To facilitate understanding of the complex world in which we live and building on its historical roots, the College emphasizes a holistic approach to learning, focuses on the immediate application of learning to one’s life and work, promotes lifelong learning opportunities and encourages the work of active citizenship.
· PhD from an accredited institution in Entrepreneurship, Leadership, Strategic Management, or closely related field
· Evidence of recent scholarship in the discipline or significant practical experience in the field of study
· Experience in starting new enterprises
· Master’s degree from an accredited institution with a minimum 18 hours of graduate coursework in Entrepreneurship, Leadership, Strategic Management or closely related field.
· At least five years of experience teaching related courses at the post -secondary level. Experience with adult learners and online education a plus
· This position involves online, remote teaching. A stable, reliable internet connection (along with appropriate hardware) is required and will not be provided or maintained by the University
Qualified individuals may submit application materials online. Application materials should include an electronic copy of unofficial transcripts and current Curriculum Vita (CV) and/or Resume. Additionally, applications should include a written statement of the applicant’s philosophy on teaching students.
Applications should be submitted online via Interfolio at http://apply.interfolio.com/110106.