QA AND EDUCATION SPECIALIST
Job posting number: #7108480 (Ref:hlj_39208)
Posted: August 19, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
QA & Education Specialist Job Summary:
The Cancer Registry QA and Education Specialist oversees the Quality Assurance and Educational needs of the Moffitt Cancer Registry. Facilitates and monitors all quality of data to ensure compliance with the highest standards of quality. Utilization of critical thinking, thorough analysis of data, identification of trends, development and provision of education to resolve deficiencies. Subject matter expert for the Cancer Registry in the area of oncology data requirements and changes to data collection requirements. Keeps the Cancer Registry team abreast of all changes in the Cancer Registry field.
- Five plus years’ experience as a Certified Tumor Registrar in a hospital or central registry setting.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, i.e. ability to plan, organize and prioritize.
- Demonstrated time management, and interpersonal skills with ability to interact effectively and professionally with colleagues.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent knowledge of Cancer Registry data and coding rules.
- Demonstrated educational and teaching experience in a Cancer Registry environment.
- Experience in a cancer research facility preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer and state registry data collection requirements; able to accurately interpret components of medical record including operative, pathology, radiology, lab and autopsy reports; must be familiar with abstracting processes, principles and data standards; must be familiar with characteristics of different types of cancers, including typical disease progression, relative prognoses and standards of care; must be knowledgeable in medical oncology terminology; needs proficiency with electronic databases, word processing software, and windows-based operating system; shows good judgment in prioritizing work to meet department goals, standards and deadlines.
- A strong background in data analysis and training is required as well as the ability to interact professionally with colleagues
Required Education: Associate’s Degree
Preferred Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Required Licensure/Certification: CTR – Certified Tumor Registrar
Mission To create a Moﬃtt culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision To advance and accelerate a culture of access, equity, and inclusion. Diversity is a priority at Moffitt and is meant "to promote a culture of diversity and inclusion as we contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer." The Enterprise Equity Department focuses its efforts on eliminating those obstacles to an individual’s ability to exist within their personal comfort zone at the cancer center. Everyone is important to meeting this priority. Addressing and responding to diversity and inclusion fosters an environment where mutual respect for diverse cultures, communication styles, languages, customs, beliefs, values, traditions, experiences and other ways in which we identify ourselves, is the expectation.