Excess Radiological Building Manager
Job posting number: #7109645 (Ref:414052)
Posted: September 3, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Argonne National Laboratory is searching for an Excess Radiological Building Manager to join the Nuclear and Waste Management Team.
The Excess Radiological Building Manager is responsible for the operation and management of excess radiological facilities decommissioning, demolition and repurposing, including these responsibilities:
- Serves as the single point of responsibility for managing the following building related needs through various Argonne Mission Support services: maintenance and upkeep of infrastructure, parking lots, and grounds; custodial needs; building access; sustainability; coordinating material moves; and building inspections.
- Coordinates shutdown of building systems to minimize negative impact on operations.
- Coordinates with safety personnel and responsible for implementation of various facility safety responsibilities.
- Ensures work is conducted in accordance with Integrated Safety Management practices.
- Manages, assesses, and reviews Radioactive and Hazardous material inventories.
- Acts as Area Emergency Management point of Contact and will perform Emergency Management Planning and develop documentation.
- Manages facility in accordance with Lab-wide and Division policies, procedures, and hazard assessment documents, as applicable.
- Supports PMO Excess Facilities Project manager and Nuclear Waste division management with planning and managing stewardship of balance of plant radiologically contaminated vacant spaces, as requested and other duties as assigned.
This role also includes duties managing small projects or phase(s) of larger projects, typically having a schedule of less than three years and nominal technical scope and complexity, under the direction of a Senior Project Manager or Program Manager. Responsible for assigned aspects of the project (initiate, plan, execute, control, close). Must be familiar with system scope and project objectives, as well as the role and function of each team member, to effectively coordinate the activities of the team.
- Experience as a radioactive item inventory/custodian and decontamination projects preferred.
- Skilled in preparing cost estimates, problem resolution and coordinating with Subject Matter Experts to manage the installation and/or construction of components and systems.
- Skilled in work planning and control with a demonstrated ability to lead teams during the work execution phase.
- Knowledge of Project Management principles.
- Knowledge of building systems, engineering principles and construction practices.
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with internal and external contacts at all levels.
- Ability to model Argonne’s Core Values: Impact, Safety, Respect, Integrity, and Teamwork.
PT3 Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree and 4+ years of experience or equivalent
PT4 Requirements: Bachelor's Degree and 6+ years of experience or equivalent
Job FamilyProfessional Technical (PT)
Job ProfileNuclear Facilities Operations 3
Time TypeFull time
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, and in accordance with our core values of impact, safety, respect, integrity and teamwork, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne encourages minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Argonne considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Argonne employees, and certain guest researchers and contractors, are subject to particular restrictions related to participation in Foreign Government Sponsored or Affiliated Activities, as defined and detailed in United States Department of Energy Order 486.1A. You will be asked to disclose any such participation in the application phase for review by Argonne's Legal Department.
All Argonne offers of employment are contingent upon a background check that includes an assessment of criminal conviction history conducted on an individualized and case-by-case basis. Please be advised that Argonne positions require upon hire (or may require in the future) for the individual be to obtain a government access authorization that involves additional background check requirements. Failure to obtain or maintain such government access authorization could result in the withdrawal of a job offer or future termination of employment.
Please note that all Argonne employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. All successful applicants will be required to provide their COVID-19 vaccination verification as a condition of employment, subject to limited legally recognized exemptions to COVID-19 vaccination.
Argonne is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity in our workforce. As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne prohibits discrimination or harassment based on an individual's age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.