Waste Management Project Specialist
Job posting number: #7109976 (Ref:414059)
Posted: September 8, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Plans and directs Waste Management (WM) project activities in support of Office of Project Management and other customer divisions. Works under minimal supervision to develop, implement, and track to completion various decontamination, demolition, and other waste related projects. This position has the primary responsibility for successfully managing the project scope, safety, and schedule for all project phases for small to medium size projects.
- Associate`s Degree and 10+ years of related work experience or Bachelor`s Degree and 4+ years of related work experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of engineering principles, practices, codes, and standards as applied to the decontamination and demolition of research facilities and related equipment.
- Considerable knowledge of project management principles and demolition practices including earned value techniques for budget and schedule control.
- Skilled in preparing the design specifications, project implementation estimating costs, cost control, and managing the decontamination and/or demolition of structures and systems.
- Skilled in providing technical direction.
- Acts as the “Person in Charge” (PIC) on assigned work projects, responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Confirms that all preparations have been completed, such as notification, permits, approvals, and training.
- Conduct pre-job brief with front line work force.
- Provide on-the-job oversight, resolve issues, and collect feedback during the work.
- Conduct post-job briefs upon project completion.
- Excellent management and supervision skills.
- Efficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Verbal and written communication skills and ability to interact with individuals at all levels both within and external to the organization.
- Demonstrated skill in team building as well as working effectively in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to lead, evaluate, support, and develop a team.
- Perform other job duties as assigned by management.
- Ability to model Argonne’s Core Values: Impact, Safety, Respect, Integrity, and Teamwork.
Job FamilyProfessional Technical (PT)
Job ProfileProject Management and Planning 3
Time TypeFull time
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, and in accordance with our core values of impact, safety, respect, integrity and teamwork, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne encourages minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Argonne considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Argonne employees, and certain guest researchers and contractors, are subject to particular restrictions related to participation in Foreign Government Sponsored or Affiliated Activities, as defined and detailed in United States Department of Energy Order 486.1A. You will be asked to disclose any such participation in the application phase for review by Argonne's Legal Department.
All Argonne offers of employment are contingent upon a background check that includes an assessment of criminal conviction history conducted on an individualized and case-by-case basis. Please be advised that Argonne positions require upon hire (or may require in the future) for the individual be to obtain a government access authorization that involves additional background check requirements. Failure to obtain or maintain such government access authorization could result in the withdrawal of a job offer or future termination of employment.
Please note that all Argonne employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. All successful applicants will be required to provide their COVID-19 vaccination verification as a condition of employment, subject to limited legally recognized exemptions to COVID-19 vaccination.
Argonne is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity in our workforce. As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne prohibits discrimination or harassment based on an individual's age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.