Part-Time Instructional Faculty - Science, Humanities and Business
Job posting number: #7110739
Posted: September 15, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionPart-Time Instructional Faculty - Science, Humanities and Business – Personalized Learning #606548
NAU Personalized Learning (PL) is conducting a search for a part-time instructional faculty position for our Science, Humanities and Business programs. PL is administered by the Online & Innovative Educational Initiatives department and differs from, but complements, the traditional classroom-based academic model, with the goal for students to achieve deeper learning through a personalized approach of multiple, hybrid, and more effective learning methods and modalities within timeframes that best meet the students' needs. This position works remotely.
1) An earned master’s degree in one of the following areas:
• Science (space, environment, and/or physical sciences, or closely related discipline)
• Humanities (art, comparative cultural studies, communication, English, history, philosophy, political science, sociology, or closely related discipline)
• Business (management, human resources, entrepreneurship, healthcare administration, leadership, or closely related discipline)
2) And the ability to communicate effectively in English and Mandarin.
This vacancy will be open until filled or closed. Review of applications will begin on September 15, 2022.
Hourly rate starts at $27.00
• Part-time (19 hours per week; less than 49% FTE); no benefits provided
• Remote duty station; workspace and equipment not provided
• Position reports to and collaborates with Faculty Program Coordinator in academic discipline
• This position requires ability to meet regularly via web-based conferencing and/or via telephone, and periodically in-person at a campus location for team meetings
• Position requires extensive use of technology; applicant must be comfortable working and communicating in an online environment
• A letter of interest, resume, and contact information for three professional references must be included with the online application to be considered for the position. Please indicate the discipline you are applying for in the letter of interest.
To apply: https://apptrkr.com/3455094
NAU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.