Functional Area Technical Liaison
Job posting number: #7110825 (Ref:BSU33352)
Posted: September 16, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide onsite technical support while gaining a comprehensive understanding of the functional areas processes.
- Facilitate meetings with functional team members and/or IT resources to assess and support functional areas initiatives, projects or open incidents.
- Conduct technical and process feasibility review of incoming requests. Work with other IT staff as needed to examine projected impact on existing technologies and processes; deliver recommendations to designated representatives showing anticipated risk/reward, technical integration analysis, support requirements, duplication and overlap analysis, anticipated budget, and to support university vision.
- Perform efficiency analysis of existing business processes in various functional areas. Collaborate with functional areas to identify and improve or replace inefficient business processes with more effective, sustainable and automated processes.
- Work with EPSO, Enterprise Information System Services staff and outsourced staff to support IT issues.
- Work with functional team to create and maintain the scripts and processes required to extract, transform, review and move data and metadata to the appropriate data store. Review business problems and design appropriate solutions using various ETL toolsets.
- Provide leadership/ direction, assist in planning and coordinate the efforts of the continued maintenance and instance management of enterprise systems.
- Escalate to EPSO/ IT management for resolution as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
At Ball State University, we recognize inclusive excellence as an integral endeavor to fulfill our University’s mission and our strategic plan. We recruit, support, and retain a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. We encourage and reward diversity of thought. We promote a work environment that encourages and rewards innovation and creativity. We pledge to keep Inclusive Excellence at the highest level of institutional importance and as a foundation in all that we strive to do. Our over-arching goal for Inclusive Excellence is to adopt a university-wide Inclusive Excellence approach to academic, administrative support, and service functions of the university. We believe Inclusive Excellence must be infused in every step we take.