Postdoctoral Associate - Medicine
Job posting number: #7111048 (Ref:pt10032)
Posted: September 19, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The lab utilizes multiple methods including genetics, -omic approaches, protein biochemistry, and drug intervention techniques. This is an excellent opportunity for creative, motivated individuals to make seminal contributions to the field of cardiac aging biology. The incumbent will be expected to lead an independent project in one of these or related areas.
Qualifications or Expectations:
- Must have a recently awarded Ph.D. degree (within the last five years), MD degree (within the last ten years), or equivalent doctorate degree (e.g., ScD, DVM, etc.) upon initial appointment at the University of Pittsburgh and University of Pittsburgh Postdoctoral Associate guidelines apply.
- The successful candidate(s) will have excellent written and verbal English communication skills, along with experience in either cell culture, iPSC, molecular and biochemical assays, and studies involving small animals
Duties or Responsibilities:
- Experiments with cell culture, cardiac organoids, and microfabricated electrophysiological platforms
- Gathering and analyzing data and images from microscopes
- Lab maintenance including equipment troubleshooting and ordering required supplies
- Manuscript preparation for publication in scientific journals and/or presentations
- Periodical/literature searches to support the analysis
- Working with undergraduate and graduate students, providing mentorship and research guidance
Application Instructions:Visit www.join.pitt.edu and View Requisition Number 22000346 to apply