Executive Assistant to CEO/President
La Jolla, CA
Job posting number: #7111122 (Ref:spd-2204918)
Posted: September 20, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Sanford Burnham Prebys is a preeminent, independent biomedical research institute dedicated to understanding human biology and disease, and advancing scientific discoveries to profoundly impact human health.
At Sanford Burnham Prebys, our shared vision drives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the nation’s leading medical research institutes. It’s time for a career you can be proud of. Join us in beautiful La Jolla, California!
We are looking for an Executive Assistant to the CEO/President. You will serve as the primary point of contact for internal and external contacts on all matters pertaining to the Office of the CEO/President.
You will have strong organizational skills, communicate effectively and are highly dependable. The ideal candidate will be adaptable and flexible while working independently.
- Provides discrete and confidential executive-level support to the CEO/President that includes, as appropriate, disseminating information and serving as a liaison to the Board of Trustees, donors and senior management.
- Organizes and coordinates outreach and external relations efforts and oversees special projects.
- Completes a broad variety of tasks for the CEO/President including managing an extremely active calendar, processing expense reports and correspondence.
- Arranges complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries and agendas and compiles documents for travel-related meetings.
- Assists in coordinating meetings for the Management Team and Board of Trustees, including arranging for audio-visual equipment, catering services, and preparing agenda and presentation materials. May take minutes and follow up on action items.
- Researches, collects, analyzes and synthesizes information to produce documents, presentations and reports.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs, handles matters expeditiously, and proactively follows through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Manages communications in alignment with CEO/President.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Five or more years Executive Assistant experience, preferably in a research environment.
- Exhibits a high-level of discretion and maintains a high level of confidentiality.
- Possesses strong attention to detail, time management and organizational skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationship with stakeholders, including staff, board members and donors.
- Good time management skills and exhibits confidentiality.
- Professional proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Flexible, adaptable and self-directed.
- Able to maintain balance among multiple priorities.
- Embody the Institute’s core values of Commitment, Collaboration, Communication, Community and Compassion.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
The scientists at Sanford Burnham Prebys Medical Discovery Institute are making research breakthroughs in cancer, neuroscience, immunology, and children's disease. During our more than 40 year history, we have established an NCI-designated Cancer Center, designed one of the most sophisticated drug discovery centers in the nonprofit world, and created global collaborations that are leading to preventions, treatments and cures to improve human health.
Sanford Burnham Prebys Medical Discovery Institute is an Equal Opportunity employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability – committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected status as designated by federal, state or local law. For additional information about your rights as an applicant, click HERE.