Job posting number: #7111220 (Ref:BSU33525)
Posted: September 20, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The university offers excellent benefits, including health care and retirement plans, tuition assistance for employees and dependents, and generous time off with pay.
1. An equivalent combination of two years of education and related experience in office administration/secretarial work or related field OR
2. Two years of related experience in office administration/secretarial work, or related field.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Gather, process, and track all paperwork for School of Kinesiology non-tenure-line faculty and student travel; use Fleet Commander for BSU vehicle requests.
- Monitor and track budget expenditures for assigned programs and faculty including foundation accounts, RIA funds, lab expenses, and grants; maintain confidential records; process purchases, reimbursements, and deposits; coordinate receiving.
- Provide secretarial and analytical support for Graduate Athletic Training and Athletic Coaching Education, and Coaching Minor, assigned faculty and graduate assistants; includes schedule meetings; enter course registration permission; process change of grade forms, withdrawal, and late add/drop forms; gather data for program accreditation, and reports and graphs; maintain calendars; communicate with students and visitors in the absence of assigned faculty.
- Hire mock simulation students for the Athletic Training program; prepare and process all EPAFs; process Kronos records; set schedules.
- Process Athletic Training and Athletic Coaching Education graduate applications through Slate; maintain application files; correspond with admitted and prospective students; organize and coordinate applicant interviews and orientations.
- Provide support for monitoring student completion of requirements in the graduate Athletic Training and Athletic Coaching Education Programs; includes utilizing the Typhon tracking system; compiling, downloading and distributing student progress and evaluation reports, e.g., CPR, First Aid, TB test results, physicals, emergency action plans; communicate requirements and status with students; review student schedules and progress with the Athletic Training Director/Program Coordinator; assist with organization of clinical placements and affiliation agreements.
- Support marketing and communication efforts to internal and external constituents; includes gather, prepare, post, review, update, and distribute promotional materials via various outlets.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Maintain Canvas communities for the School; includes posting announcements; assigning users; organizing and updating pertinent documents for view and use by applicable School members.
- Coordinate laboratory functions; maintain policies and procedures; inventory of all equipment and supplies; process work and move requests.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
At Ball State University, we recognize inclusive excellence as an integral endeavor to fulfill our University’s mission and our strategic plan. We recruit, support, and retain a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. We encourage and reward diversity of thought. We promote a work environment that encourages and rewards innovation and creativity. We pledge to keep Inclusive Excellence at the highest level of institutional importance and as a foundation in all that we strive to do. Our over-arching goal for Inclusive Excellence is to adopt a university-wide Inclusive Excellence approach to academic, administrative support, and service functions of the university. We believe Inclusive Excellence must be infused in every step we take.