Assistant Professor of Ethnomusicology
Job posting number: #7111257 (Ref:if103166)
Posted: September 20, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The University of Oklahoma invites applications for an Assistant Professor of Ethnomusicology in the School of Music, Weitzenhoffer Family College of Fine Arts.
- Teach undergraduate courses and graduate seminars (2 + 2 per academic year) in ethnomusicology.
- Serve on graduate advisory committees and supervise graduate research, collaborate with the ethnomusicology/musicology area in all departmental activities, and serve on other academic committees as assigned by the Director of the OU School of Music.
- Contribute to School, College, and University service.
- Maintain an active and visible international, national, and regional research agenda.
- Earned Ph.D. (by time of appointment) in ethnomusicology, anthropology, or Indigenous studies, with an emphasis on Native American/First Nation’s music.
- Evidence of successful teaching in ethnomusicology.
- Record of scholarly/creative accomplishments as demonstrated through regional and national/international presentations, performances, and/or publications.
- Engagement with Indigenous sound studies.
- Ability to facilitate a presence for Indigenous performance within the School of Music and to collaborate with local communities.
- Interest in drawing on the wealth of local fieldwork collaborations and research resources in the State of Oklahoma.
All application materials should be submitted electronically through Interfolio using the following link: http://apply.interfolio.com/113577. Please submit:
1) a letter of application,
2) a complete curriculum vita,
3) a recent scholarly writing sample, such as a published journal article, article draft, or dissertation chapter,
4) the names and contact information for three references.
Applications will be reviewed starting on November 1st, 2022, and the position will remain open until filled.