Administrative Fellow - Office of the President - Orange County
Job posting number: #7111394 (Ref:10018606)
Posted: September 22, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
About City of Hope
City of Hope is an independent biomedical research and treatment organization for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases.
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is a leader in bone marrow transplantation and immunotherapy such as CAR T cell therapy. City of Hope’s translational research and personalized treatment protocols advance care throughout the world. Human synthetic insulin, monoclonal antibodies and numerous breakthrough cancer drugs are based on technology developed at the institution. AccessHope™, a subsidiary launched in 2019 serves employers and their health care partners by providing access to City of Hope’s specialized cancer expertise.
A National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, City of Hope is ranked among the nation’s “Best Hospitals” in cancer by U.S. News & World Report and received Magnet Recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Its main campus is located near Los Angeles, with additional locations throughout Southern California and in Arizona.
City of Hope’s commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is key in serving our mission to provide compassionate patient care, drive innovative discovery, and advance vital education focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes in all of our communities. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ensures we bring the full range of skills, perspectives, cultural backgrounds, and experiences to our work -- and that our teams align with the people we serve in order to build trust and understanding. We are dedicated to fostering a community that embraces diversity - in ideas, backgrounds, and perspectives; this is reflected in our work and represented in our people.
Performs a variety of business support functions to support the planning, decision-making, and implementation activities for Administration. Plans and implements projects with upper management support. Participates in rotations throughout all departments as part of the educational experience of the fellowship.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Develop financial models to assist in administrative decision-making.
- Develop/change policies and procedures to support changes in federal regulation guidelines, or operational processes.
- Compile and analyze data in various forms to support decision-making.
- Develop business plans to guide process of new program development: complete market assessment, assess community need, develop financial and operations proforma.
- Responsible for recruitment of Administrative Fellows.
- Interact and establish cooperative working relationships with various departments.
- Maintain professional growth and development, and awareness of current health care trends:
- Demonstrates knowledge of relevant laws, policies, regulations, and standards affecting decision-making.
- Attends education conferences, courses, and lectures as required.
- Acts as an advocate for City of Hope at conferences and meetings.
- Attend meetings and participate in committees, as directed:
- Regularly attends Executive Leadership Team and participates in planning process.
- Will be responsible for agenda items and present information requested at meetings or committees.
- Regular attendee of Performance Improvement Council.
- Maintains a positive image when dealing with department personnel and other City of Hope employees:
- Display courtesy and professionalism in dealing with City of Hope employees, patients, visitors, and/or vendors.
- Maintain a customer-service oriented attitude.
Basic education, experience, and skills required for consideration:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1-2 years of healthcare-related experience
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing in a clear, pleasant, and understandable manner with all levels of employees and outside agencies.
- Compile and analyze data
- Compose correspondence to various organizational issues
- Prepare reports
- Research information
- Word Processing
Preferred education, experience, and skills:
MBA, MHA, or MHSA
As a condition of employment, City of Hope requires staff to comply with all state and federal vaccination mandates.
- Shift: Day
- Job Status: Full-Time
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
City of Hope is a community of people characterized by our diversity of thought, background and approach, but tied together by our commitment to care for and cure those with cancer and other life-threatening diseases. The innovation that our diversity produces in the areas of research, treatment, philanthropy and education has made us national leaders in this fight. Our unique and diverse workforce provides us the ability to understand our patients' needs, deliver compassionate care and continue the quest for a cure for life-threatening diseases. At City of Hope, diversity and inclusion is a core value at the heart of our mission. We strive to create an inclusive workplace environment that engages all of our employees and provides them with opportunities to develop and grow, both personally and professionally. Each day brings an opportunity to strengthen our work, leverage our different perspectives and improve our patients’ experiences by learning from others. Diversity and inclusion is about much more than policies and campaigns. It is an integral part of who we are as an institution, how we operate and how we see our future.