Radiation Therapist PRN
Job posting number: #7111414 (Ref:ccf16735039)
Posted: September 21, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
As a Radiation Therapist, you will provide therapeutic and patient care services for the purpose of delivering radiation therapy as prescribed by a physician. Your duties will include but are not limited to:
-Determining and delivering the appropriate treatment plan.
-Reporting any adverse reactions.
-Checking and adjusting the necessary equipment.
The ideal candidate is someone who:
-Is a team player.
-Can adapt to change.
-Is willing to learn.
-Can critically think and problem solve for patients’ best interests.
As PRN, you will have flexibility with your schedule. This is an excellent opportunity to develop and learn state of the art technology in the Radiation Oncology field, eventually moving into a full time position if wanted.
Cleveland Clinic provides what matters most: career growth, delivering world-class care to our patients, continuous learning, exceptional benefits and working for an organization that offers many long-term career paths. Join us and experience a culture where opportunities to advance and the support to get there go hand-in-hand.
- Determines and delivers appropriate patient treatment plan in collaboration with physician and dosimetrist.
- Monitors and documents patient's condition, reports any adverse reactions.
- Assesses and educates patients according to specific department protocols.
- Positions patients and selects anatomic/technical parameters accurately.
- Checks and adjusts necessary equipment, including linear accelerator.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of a CAHEA approved School of Radiation Therapy technology or registry eligible.
- ARRT Registered Technologist, RT(T) in good standing. Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider. State licensure (RL) if required by state law.
Complexity of Work:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate and relate well with patients who are under physical and emotional stress.
- The ability to utilize computer programs to input data base and capture information.
- Experience with radiation oncology specific electronic medical record as well as record and verify.
- Experience with external radiation therapy, IMRT, IGRT and CT simulation preferred.
- Ability to perform duties while walking, standing, stooping, reaching and lifting.
- Ability to lift materials weighing up to 35 lbs. Ability to push/pull over 100 lbs. Dexterity sufficient to perform computer functions.
- Safe Operating Procedure for x-ray generating equipment.
- Ability to work the hours of operation - flexible. Ability to take "call" on weekdays and weekends based on a rotational schedule.
- Ability to float to other CCHS facilities when needed.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.