Registered Nurse Endoscopy
Warrensville Hts, OH
Job posting number: #7111416 (Ref:ccf16735044)
Posted: September 21, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
As a Registered Nurse (RN) at South Pointe Hospital, you will:
-Provide direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols.
-Monitor and document patient's condition effectively and timeliness of care and/or interventions.
-Administer prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with approved nursing protocol.
-Assess and coordinate patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
-Maintains professional growth and development through ongoing formal and informal education and clinical nursing study.
The ideal candidate is someone who:
-Has a minimum of one year of acute care RN experience in a hospital setting (National Certification is welcomed, but not required).
-Works well in a supportive, collaborative, and fast-paced environment.
-Is compassionate, adaptable, and works well in a close-knit team environment.
-Is motivated to learn, has critical thinking skills, and has decisive judgement.
This is an excellent opportunity for nurses who are flexible and would like to advance their career growth opportunities within this teaching unit.
If career growth, providing world-class care to our patients, continuous learning, exceptional benefits and working for an organization that offers many long-term career paths are what matter most to you, then we encourage you to consider Cleveland Clinic. Join us, and you’ll experience the difference of a culture where opportunities to advance and the support to get there go hand-in-hand.
- Provides professional nursing care to patients undergoing diagnostic or therapeutic services to hospitalized patients in a variety of healthcare settings.
- Assesses patient; completes nursing assessment, documents findings in patient records and notifies physician of abnormal findings.
- Establishes a care plan in collaboration with the patient, family and health care team.
- Coordinates ongoing care. Identifies discharge needs and facilitates discharge planning as appropriate.
- Provides telephone triage and call rotations per department needs.
- Performs nursing procedures and treatments as directed by physician or LIP in the treatment and management of patient care.
- Evaluates, initiates and maintains standards of care consistent with CCHS policies and procedures.
- Assists with specialized patient care equipment as required by the clinical department and medical specialty assigned.
- Administers medications and treatments as ordered by a physician or LIP.
- Directs, coordinates and participates in the evaluation and supervision of nursing care provided to patients.
- Establishes patient care priorities and delegates nursing activities according to the patient needs and staff qualifications and capabilities.
- Serves as charge nurse when assigned to ensure efficient operations and continuity of care.
- Participates in education, research and performance improvement activities. Provides health education to patients and families.
- Develops, evaluates, adapts and documents education to meet learning needs and abilities of patients and families.
- Assists in the preparation of department specific education for patients and colleagues. Covers other nursing roles in the department.
- Maintains core competency in nursing (CPR, skills labs).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing.
- BSN preferred.
- Current state licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN).
- Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association (AHA) required. In areas performing moderate sedation procedures must have current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) through American Heart Association (AHA) Certification within 6 months of hire.
If in an ED, Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) through American Heart Association (AHA) upon hire or within one year of beginning work in the Emergency Department.
- In areas operating with Peripherally Inserted Central Catheters (PICC Lines), Certified Registered Nurse Infusion (CRNI) or Vascular Access Board Certified (VA-BC) certification is preferred within three years of hire.
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Minimum of one year recent RN experience required; two years of recent RN experience preferred
- For Cardiac Catheterization or other related procedural areas, one year of critical care experience in a hospital setting preferred.
- Current demonstrated clinical competence.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Requires full range of motion, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
- Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time.
- Requires corrected hearing and vision to normal range.
- Requires some exposure to communicable disease or bodily fluids.
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light Work.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required for procedures.
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.