Job posting number: #7111529 (Ref:ccf16744920)
Posted: September 22, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Cleveland Clinic’s Glickman Urological Institute is looking to add a Research Assistant to their dedicated team of caregivers. As a Research Assistant, you will assist with the compliant implementation and conduct of human subject research projects. Your duties will include but are not limited to:
-Assisting with the development and coordination of the research subject schedule.
-Attaining and maintaining clinical competencies for unlicensed caregivers.
-Ordering and stocking supplies.
The ideal candidate is someone who:
-Is Detailed-oriented and organized.
-Works with integrity and transparency.
-Preferably has experience in AI and Cancer research.
As a Research Assistant, you will work in a dynamic and technologically advanced environment that allows you to discover, learn, and grow. This role is also hybrid, allowing you to work from home after your first 90 days.
Cleveland Clinic provides what matters most: career growth, delivering world-class care to our patients, continuous learning, exceptional benefits and working for an organization that offers many long-term career paths. Join us and experience a culture where opportunities to advance and the support to get there go hand-in-hand.
- Assists research team with research study related tasks.
- Assists with completion of protocol related activities.
- As delegated, may be required to attain and maintain clinical competencies for unlicensed. caregivers such as phlebotomy, vital signs, ECG, POC testing and other testing as required.
- Assists with the development and coordination of the research subject schedule in compliance with the research protocol.
- Assists with the collection, recording and maintenance of research study records.
- Understands basic concepts of study design. Demonstrates comprehension of assigned research protocols. Develops and maintains knowledge of research protocol to coordinate the comprehensive and compliant execution of assigned protocols.
- May assist in the development and maintenance of research tools, such as spreadsheets, questionnaires and/or brochures. Maintains study personnel certification records (License, CV, CITI).
- Establishes and maintains filing systems. Orders and stocks supplies.
- Maintains professional relationships, including frequent and open effective communication with internal and external customers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Knowledge of medical terminology helpful.
- Bachelor’s Degree may offset experience requirements.
- Demonstrated proficiency with a variety of computer-based skills, especially in the use of work processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software, and the ability to undertake internet searches.
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be self-directed with demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Within 90 days of hire, must successfully complete certification in Human Subjects Research as required by the Responsible Conduct of Research guidelines adopted by Cleveland Clinic.
- Continually demonstrates competency with defined requirements for the position as established by Cleveland Clinic.
- Language required
- Language preferred
- None Required.
Complexity of Work:
- Requires excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to take direction and appropriate action in a stressful environment.
- Minimum one year experience in a healthcare setting preferred. Degree may offset experience requirement.
- A high degree of dexterity to produce materials on a computer. Requires normal or corrected vision and hearing to normal range. Extensive sitting and frequent walking, occasional lifting or carrying up to 25 pounds. May have some exposure to communicable diseases or body fluids. May require working irregular hours.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.