Registered Respiratory Therapist - Float - $5,000 Sign-On Bonus
Job posting number: #7111532 (Ref:ccf16743014)
Posted: September 22, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- Must float to multiple CCHS locations to perform respiratory care services for the geriatric, adult and pediatric population in a variety of inpatient settings like critical care, obstetrics, emergency department, and behavioral health.
- Must maintain site specific competencies/certifications for each CCHS location
- Must develop and maintain relationships with multidisciplinary care teams at each location and local/enterprise respiratory clinical leadership.
- Assesses patient for appropriate type and frequency of treatment and develops a plan of care based on diagnosis.
- Directs respiratory staff for delivery of care. Implements and monitors patient care plan.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate
- Performs advances respiratory care modalities.
- Evaluates respiratory practice, administration of medications, and treatment based on patient outcomes.
- Educates the patient and family about the illness and provides information about community support groups and other available programs.
- At sites where applicable, the employee will perform blood gas puncture and analysis.
- If the employee is designated as a Technical Consultant by the blood gas Laboratory Director, the employee must meet the minimum qualifications as specified by the CLIA code of federal regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited Respiratory Therapy program.
- Bachelors Degree preferred.
- Diploma and/or transcripts must be provided for validation.
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) by the National Board of Respiratory Care.
- Ohio Respiratory Care Professional (RCP) Board Licensure.
- Basic Life Support (BLS), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS), Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) and/or Neonatal Pediatric Specialist (NPS) certification when appropriate by site.
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Prior experience in critical care preferred.
- Neonatal/pediatric experience preferred when appropriate for site.
- Prior experience performing invasive procedures preferred when appropriate for site.
- Good manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
- Normal hearing and vision or corrected to normal range.
- May require sitting, standing and walking for extended periods of time.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.