Caring for Caregivers Counselor, Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Job posting number: #7111536 (Ref:ccf16737904)
Posted: September 21, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
As a Counselor in our Caring for Caregiver’s program you will provide brief assessment, counseling, referral and care management for our participants. Your duties will include but are not limited to:
-Providing onsite and virtual support services.
-Staffing all critical cases with senior Caring for Caregivers leadership.
-Providing consultation and training to organizational leaders and employees.
Our ideal candidate is someone who:
-Is preferably experienced with providing counseling to individuals, adolescents, families and couples.
-Has crisis intervention and risk assessment skills.
-Is flexible and adaptable.
Cleveland Clinic provides what matters most: career growth, delivering world-class care to our patients, continuous learning, exceptional benefits and working for an organization that offers many long-term career paths. Join us and experience a culture where opportunities to advance and the support to get there go hand-in-hand.
- Provides brief assessment, counseling, and referral services to employees and eligible household dependents participating in the Caring for Caregivers programs, including the employee assistance program (EAP).
- Provides case management and monitoring services to mandatory participants, including those referred through the organization’s expanded drug testing program.
- Provides onsite and virtual support services, including critical incident response (CIR).
- Provides consultation and training to organizational leaders and employees.
- Staffs all critical cases with senior Caring for Caregivers leadership.
- Completes all documentation in adherence with professional and departmental standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in one of the Behavioral Sciences.
- Ability to speak, read, and write in English.
- Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor (LPCC), Licensed Independent Social Worker (LISW), or Licensed Independent Marriage and Family Therapist (LIMFT) in the state of Ohio required.
- Certified Employee Assistance Professional (CEAP) preferred.
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment, and the ability to work unsupervised or with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in one or more EAP related areas, providing direct counseling in outpatient mental health, substance abuse, or related setting preferred.
- Direct employee assistance program (EAP) experience preferred.
- A high degree of dexterity to produce materials on a PC.
- Normal or corrected vision and hearing.
- Extensive sitting and frequent walking.
- Occasional lifting or carrying up to 25 pounds.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.