Biosystems Technical Solutions Scientist
United States, NY
Job posting number: #7111539 (Ref:nkj- 2264)
Posted: September 23, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Work with the software support group, field sales team, product managers, and the service department to provide timely response to customers and/or NII representatives. Focus on triaging problems with and providing support for digital imaging instrumentation related to advanced imaging product lines, including, but not limited to, confocal, two-photon, and super-resolution microscopy systems. Fluent in optical microscopy and data analysis – demonstrated ability applying digital imaging and analysis techniques in biomedical applications. Exceptional organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Troubleshoot incoming support requests for advanced digital imaging systems via email, telephone, remote access tools.
- Maintain detailed records of support calls in the CRM system.
- Participate in critical equipment installations and on-site visits as needed.
System Product Testing:
- Work with the team to validate and document reported bugs.
- Monitor internal databases for bug traces and keep the status of open items up to date.
- Test and validate pre-released NIS-Elements core and modules - provide feedback for bugs and feature requests to the software development team.
- Generate quality assurance report regarding operation and performance of microscope hardware, cameras, and peripheral devices.
- Proficient in testing equipment and related software tools.
- Interpret advanced technical information in to general operation guides.
- Generate and maintain technical content and application notes for biosystems imaging products.
- Develop training content for internal staff and customers in written and other media formats.
- Understand biomedical research applications, assess customers’ needs, and provide solutions in a timely matter.
- Explore the best path to the solution by researching available tools within NIS-Elements and available library of support resources.
- Communicate the solution to the customer via email, application note, and/ or remote support tools.
- Provide key insight into customer applications to the internal software developers.
- Participate in and deliver custom software projects.
- All other duties as required or needed.
- Ability to routinely access and visit customer sites and travel to and from multiple work locations.
- Ability to develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others and maintain them over time.
- Ability to work independently under challenging situations (time constraints, customer expectations, etc.).
- Ability to travel 10-15% (overnight).
Education, skills & experience:
- Master's degree (M.S.) or equivalent in cell biology, neuroscience, biomedical engineering, or another relevant field. D. is a plus.
- 3 - 5 years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Current, valid driver license.
- Expert knowledge of optics, lasers, and digital microscopy techniques and analysis methods.
- Experience with Nikon NIS-Elements preferred.
- Exceptional problem solving skills - should have a personality that embraces scientific challenges.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills with an ability to convey abstract technical concepts to external customers and internal staff.
- Strong computer skills and well-founded biological knowledge.
- Working knowledge of technical support/development in microscopy industry or research institutes. Imaging core facility experience is a plus.
The preferred method of responding to a job opening is by submiting your resume online. Resumes that are mailed, emailed or faxed will also be accepted. Be sure to indicate the position you are seeking along with the corresponding job code. No phone calls or agencies please. Nikon is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V.
1300 Walt Whitman Road
Melville, NY 11747
Attn: Employment Specialist, HR